Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, bextein, hilaroth

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby floppyrod84 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Is this a bug?
When asking to share my ride, I send the text, and the sharer accepts, but waze doesn't automatically reroute to actually pick them up.
Shouldn't it do this itself?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84

Postby Zirland » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:08 pm

Maybe someone already told it, but in my opinion - the new night color profile is not good. The screen background is gray and streets are dark gray or (freeways) black. The freeway can be recognized, but the rest of the map is indistinct. It is a magenta line in gray box.

You need to consider the display is 5.2 x 8.6 cm (= 2.05 x 3.39 in) on my Nexus S and it is placed like half a meter or 2 feet from my face on windscreen. You need to try it yourself.

For your convenience I am attaching the screenshot sized to 5.2 x 8.6 cm.
Screenshot_2012-10-01-19-17-48.png
(43.52 KiB) Downloaded 1094 times
Zirland
Area Manager
Area Manager

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:55 pm

elixdreamer wrote:
perlin wrote:What's new
Added FB share and 4Square check-in in destination screen

untill now i haven't sen this one... :s wher can i find it?

When you're nearing your destination, tap on the friends icon- on the nearing destination bar.
perlin

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:24 pm

porubcan wrote:installed over .109 without problems, all settings preserved.

many small bugs/issues reported for .109 and .106 are still present:
* mismatched moods: bronze and gold are same, speedy and duck are same),
* navi bar in landscape is too big,
* popups have different controls (wazer's don't have close X button and is not being closed by pressing back button),
* wazer's popup goes off the screen,
* settings->social networks->group->Pop-up reports and Group badges - cannot be modified (if you modify and exit settings they are reverted back to "none" and "From all groups I follow".
* menu scrolling is not very comfortable, moreover there is enough space to make menu box larger to get rid of scrolling.
* textboxes for reporting jam, police, accident, hazard and map chat have first line of text misplaced (too high)

- none of above issues reported via forum for previous 2 betas were fixed yet.

We are aware of the bugs/problems/inconvenience you've presented and working on them.
perlin

Postby elixdreamer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:03 pm

DonJ2 wrote:Questions regarding 4Square check-in:

1. I often drive with waze running without navigation (no destination set). When the check-in button was available, we could check-in whenever we needed to, regardless of destination. How can I use waze to perform 4Square check-in when I don't have a destination set?

2. If I have a destination set, but I make a quick stop along the way (like a McDonald's drive-thru), how do I check-in with 4Square using waze?

+1

perlin wrote:What's new
Added FB share and 4Square check-in in destination screen

untill now i haven't sen this one... :s wher can i find it?
elixdreamer

Postby elixdreamer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:50 pm

Like i have said before i have succesfully installed the new beta.
I had one crash but i have no reason why it happend.
I have left waze on and started with other programs like browser and txt messages.
Now i locked my phone and started him 1h later.
Then i have started waze again that was in standby the whole time and it crashed... :s

Now some other things i have found:

1. When pressing on another wazer that is ahead of you this happens:
[ img ]
You can't see the compleet information about this wazer.

2. Sometimes you see the arrow that there is anouther wazer around. Pressing it gives me the next view:
[ img ]
There is nothing there. It happend 2 times.

3. When you get the info from another wazer like you see below. The text can be to big for the txt balloon.
[ img ]

4. Another wazer can be around an not that straight in front of you. The txt balloon will not pupup in the middle but just at the side.
[ img ]

5. I'm using waze in Dutch so some translations need to be adapted. But when there is a hazord ahead i preferd the symbols in stead of the text.
[ img ]

6. And at the moment the last one :). When there are 2 roundabouts close to eachother and the second one is poping up in the "then-go-screen" the roundabout is to small to view what number is on it.
I have no screenshot for it but you know what i mean :)

I hope this will help out getting al bugs in order to get a better waze :p
sorry for those large img :mrgreen:
elixdreamer

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:22 pm

slow_mo wrote:I saw someone mentioning this problem, but since it is still not fixed in this beta but was present in two previous betas, I'll report a bug here.

The problem is that a speedometer disappears when adding a stop and pointing to a location on the map.

Steps to reproduce:
  • Navigate to any place
  • Go to menu and select "Add a Stop"
  • Go back twice to get back to the main screen
  • Tap and hold somewhere on the map and then select the blue arrow to the right of the popup
  • Press "Go" in the next screen
Speedometer will be gone.

Let me say that current way of selecting a point on map as a stop is not very intuitive. Better way would be to have a separate button saying something like "Point on Map" in the Navigate screen besides Categories, Favorites and History.

Actually, it's more complicated than that. The way you've described to add a stop is not legit. It is a bug that a stop has been added to your route... If you're tapping the "Add a Stop" button and go back twice, it should dismiss the selection. You're not supposed to be able to add the stop from the map.
So in fact you found 2 bugs. Thanks :D
perlin

Postby perlin » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:10 pm

deeggo wrote:Some thoughts on Waze closing in the background.

Since a couple of weeks I changed my HTC DesireHD for a HTC One X. I found out fast that Waze closes more often in the background on my new device than on my old, although its specs are higher. That has been this way with the current market version and the last 3.4.99 betas. Switching from Waze to the gmail app and reading an e-mail can be enough to trigger this.

With closing in the background I mean that the Waze icon stays in the task bar, but when switching to it, Waze relaunches as if it wasn't running at all.

Apparently, the One X (or Android 4) memory management is more aggressive. I'm never using any task killers.

Here's some info on this subject, that was found during the development of Flitsnav, a Dutch GPS program that was experiencing exactly the same during development. I hope it can help you improve this behaviour, since several users are reporting this.

Waze closing in the background has to do with Android's Out Of Memory (OOM) management.

Some info on OOM_adj (-17 tot +15): The LOWER the value, the MORE important Android thinks the process is.

Foreground Application: -16 to 0
Visible Application: 1
Secondary Server: 2
Hidden Application: 3 to 7
Content Provider: 8 to 14
Empty Application: 15

Maybe you can adjust Waze, so that it sets is own OOM_adj to -17 and repeats that every 5 seconds for instance?

Thanks deeggo, I will pass that information on to the developers.
perlin

Postby deeggo » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:03 am

Some thoughts on Waze closing in the background.

Since a couple of weeks I changed my HTC DesireHD for a HTC One X. I found out fast that Waze closes more often in the background on my new device than on my old, although its specs are higher. That has been this way with the current market version and the last 3.4.99 betas. Switching from Waze to the gmail app and reading an e-mail can be enough to trigger this.

With closing in the background I mean that the Waze icon stays in the task bar, but when switching to it, Waze relaunches as if it wasn't running at all.

Apparently, the One X (or Android 4) memory management is more aggressive. I'm never using any task killers.

Here's some info on this subject, that was found during the development of Flitsnav, a Dutch GPS program that was experiencing exactly the same during development. I hope it can help you improve this behaviour, since several users are reporting this.

Waze closing in the background has to do with Android's Out Of Memory (OOM) management.

Some info on OOM_adj (-17 tot +15): The LOWER the value, the MORE important Android thinks the process is.

Foreground Application: -16 to 0
Visible Application: 1
Secondary Server: 2
Hidden Application: 3 to 7
Content Provider: 8 to 14
Empty Application: 15

Maybe you can adjust Waze, so that it sets is own OOM_adj to -17 and repeats that every 5 seconds for instance?
deeggo
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby porubcan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:11 am

It is strange that pvaladers got different menu design (debug icon with text, menu icon active in different color and with 3 waves... how is it possible I have different?
pvaladares wrote:[ img ]

2012-10-02 09.05.56.png
(65.52 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
porubcan
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing