WazeBar v0.0.54 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WazeBar v0.0.13 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:36 am

Patch 0.0.13 is now out with some initial cosmetic improvements. More to come over the next week, with the goal for version 0.1 being cosmetic UI updates, error handling, and beta compatibility being completed.
mike-bronner

Re: WazeBar v0.0.12 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 pm

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Mike, what do you think about adding back the main Waze links "Download" "Guided Tour" etc? I love WazeBar, but feel, from a branding perspective, perhaps we shouldn't be hiding this. Even the Waze logo and tagline are important to brand.

Good point. I'll think about a solution that would work, perhaps a dedicated Waze menu with logo, etc. to provide branding, and relevant links. I was thinking about adding links to waze and logo somehow to keep the brand and navigation back to the main site functional.
mike-bronner

Re: WazeBar v0.0.12 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Mike, what do you think about adding back the main Waze links "Download" "Guided Tour" etc? I love WazeBar, but feel, from a branding perspective, perhaps we shouldn't be hiding this. Even the Waze logo and tagline are important to brand.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: WazeBar v0.0.11 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:52 pm

Thanks for coming back. I had re-enabled WMECH, but thought I did that after building the 0.0.11 patch. Patch 12 should be up momentarily.
mike-bronner

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:29 pm

Okay, I said I was going to do other things, but I came back. :)

Timebone's script is showing in WME where it usually does on the left-bottom part of the window. I thought previously that this was hidden. If I uncheck the option to use his script in Prefs, it goes away, but so does the part of the WazeBar which integrates it.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Thanks for all your testing and feedback, Alan! v0.0.11 is now available. There may be the odd bug in WME beta, but I hope to have them all ironed out.
mike-bronner

Re: WazeBar v0.0.10 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:14 pm

Here's a snapshot of WME beta with WazeBar 0.0.11, which isn't yet optimized for the beta, with Timbone's highlights built in.

Maxed screen size on a 1920x1200 screen. Wheeee!

[ img ]
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: WazeBar v0.0.10 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:14 am

Thanks for checking this out.

1. I don't have sufficient code for the username handling, since I can't log in. Could you do me a favor: when logged in, right-click anywhere on the page, choose "Show Page Source", copy that and put it in a text file and email it to me (I sent you my email address in PM). It shouldn't have any confidential information in the page source.

2. This problem relates directly to #1.

3. Ah, so this tab is specific to his add-on? If so, I'll go ahead and remove it.

Thanks again for your help! :)
mike-bronner

Re: WazeBar - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:30 am

Updated with patch 0.0.3:

• Updated permalink button to allow for right-clicking and copying of link, so that the user can avoid having to refresh the page and possibly loose edits.

If you had version 0.0.2 you should now be able to update in place from within the Safari Preferences pane. Please let me know if there are any issues with that process.
I will update the icon later on when I fine-tune the interface overall.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner

Re: WazeBar - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 am

Updated to version 0.0.2 with the following fixes:
  • Fixed search results box not disappearing unless selecting a search result. Now it will disappear when clicking anywhere outside the results box.
  • Fixed issue with edits not being recognized by WazeBar. Edits should now properly enable save, undo, redo, and trash buttons.
  • Added info text when cursor is hovered over menu bar buttons.
  • Added user info popover when clicking on the username.
  • Fixed download issue where Safari Extension would show as gibberish when clicking on the Current Version link, instead of downloading the extension.
  • Fixed Extension Update functionality, so that going forward updates can be performed in place, and you won't have to uninstall the old version, then install the new version. Instead, simple go to Safari Preferences > Extensions > Updates.

Thanks for the feedback Alan, will work on optimizing the permalink button for the next patch.
mike-bronner

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor