Website login != Forum login

Post by
There's a login link at the top of every page, but even when I'm logged in there I am often not logged into the forum. There must be some kind of time-out on the forum session, but there is no separate forum login link.

Not being logged into the forum means it doesn't indicate which subforums have new responses. To see that, I often have to click "reply" on any random topic (just to get a login prompt!) and then not post any reply after all.

Can I ask for a forum login link to be shown? Or even better, make the site login also valid for the forum - that would be elegant. Thank you!

POSTER_ID:10837147

Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
dmcconachie wrote:
Timbones wrote:Login to http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php and tick the box labeled "Log me on automatically each visit".
You'll never need to login (to the forum) ever again! :)
YMMV, this has never worked for me.
Works for me just fine... I'm always logged in to the forum on my phone, but never the website... Just don't ever click the logout button when you are logged into the website - let that session timeout...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by dmcconachie
Timbones wrote:Login to http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php and tick the box labeled "Log me on automatically each visit".
YMMV, this has never worked for me.
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by dmcconachie
AndyPoms wrote:Works for me just fine... I'm always logged in to the forum on my phone, but never the website... Just don't ever click the logout button when you are logged into the website - let that session timeout...
I use tapatalk on the phone so don't really care how mobile browsers handle it.

Whether I use the UCP entrance or not my session still times out and whilst it still appears to have me logged in (according to the "Logout" link in the top right) I lose the "Last read" indicators
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by gordonski
Hello,

I can confirm the problem torbengb observed.
There is general login for the website, the editor and the forum, but the forum seems to have its own session timeout. When I edit the map I check the forum from time to time for new posts (to give myself a break and to keep the roads view from burning into my retina). The site still says "hello gordonski logout" at the top, but in fact I'm logged out of the forum and don't see new post and can't access my posts or profile settings. I usually click logout and login then.
It would be nicer if the forum and the rest would share one session, but I assume that this would require some major restructuring of the website...

Gordonski
gordonski
Send a message
No stop signs, speed limitdownload/file.php?id=44782Nobody's gonna slow me down!
Area Manager in DN/BM/AC (NRW)
Wiki | Liste aller Gemeinden/Städte

Post by mssusa
dmcconachie wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:Works for me just fine... I'm always logged in to the forum on my phone, but never the website... Just don't ever click the logout button when you are logged into the website - let that session timeout...
I use tapatalk on the phone so don't really care how mobile browsers handle it.

Whether I use the UCP entrance or not my session still times out and whilst it still appears to have me logged in (according to the "Logout" link in the top right) I lose the "Last read" indicators
Same here. The forum has always been problematic.
Something else for waze login in general, browsers do not save or offer to save my credentials like other sites. I always have to type my id and password.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by mssusa
Timbones wrote:PS: I've found that "Log me on automatically each visit" only actually works on the www forum, not the world forum. So, I always visit http://www.waze.com/forum and not the world one.
True. Much better than world which logs you out in a very short time, but still it doesn't work as it should. I still have to login at least once every session. Log me in automatically should mean I only have to login once every 6 months or so as long as my browser keeps the cookies

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
mssusa
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by pvaladares
Yes, I do have frequently the same problem.
My way to quick solve this issue is to force the login to show up by trying to reply or create new thread.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
pvaladares
Map Editor - Level 5
Map Editor - Level 5
Send a message

robin1979
Send a message
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe

Post by Timbones
Login to http://www.waze.com/forum/ucp.php and tick the box labeled "Log me on automatically each visit".
Timbones
Coordinators
Coordinators
Answers: 2
Send a message
Timbones(6) • UK Coordinator • Forum Moderator • Closure Monitor
Scripts: WME Colour HighlightsWME Route TesterWME Geometries