Waze automatic speed detection

Post by bazzaboy
Gidday :)

I've noticed how waze will record your speed and automatically highlight the road you're on as slow due to traffic.
For example 1: The road I live on (Pleasant Street) has a school on it, Onehunga high school, and sometimes I'll drive the road slowly just because it's a school zone or because I'm nearing home and I'm not in a rush. Waze will automatically track my speed and highlight the road as being a slow speed zone say 14km/hr.

Example 2: I'm a photographer and spend quite some time down at the Manukau Harbour driving slowly on an access road beside the motorway looking for wildlife (birds mainly). Waze will record my speed and again highlight the road as being a slow speed zone.

Do you think that it would be useful to be able to click on the highlighted road and edit the fact that it's not slow because of traffic or just remove the slow speed sign (highlight) altogther?

Thoughts...?
bazzaboy

POSTER_ID:2525096

Send a message

Post by bazzaboy
gungsan0 wrote:I agree with you.

I also think it would be great if there's at least some form of notification mechanism that the road is actually not jamming...
Yeah! Another good point there gungsan0! There should be a thumbs up and a thumbs down when passing an event...to either agree with what someone's posted or to not agree...thoughts?
bazzaboy
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Like Google or iOS ma...... Oh wait, maybe not :-P

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by gungsan0
I agree with you.

I also think it would be great if there's at least some form of notification mechanism that the road is actually not jamming...
gungsan0
Send a message
- CJ - (gungsan0)
AM - Auckland, NZ
iPhone 5s - iOS 7.0.4

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Post by mdqueenz
Everyone seems to forget what the intent of this application is. Waze is meant to get you from point A to point B as efficiently as possible by having you avoid traffic.
By running the app while bird watching, stopping for gas, coffee, etc... causes inaccurate data and affects routing of the next wazer.
There are plenty of other gps applications that will show you the way if getting there in the least amount of time is not your main priority.
mdqueenz
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
NYC / Long Island Based US Country Manager
Iphone 4S - IOS 6.0.1 - AT&T