Jolly drivers

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Jolly drivers

Postby davielde » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:20 am

Hey "waxed", your developers better get on that. Anyway, I bet this reporter is the same kind of person that reports a police "trap" every few hundred feet when driving behind a moving police car. I love driving and getting half a dozen police reports and choosing "not there", "not there", "not there"...
davielde

Postby davielde » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:48 am

Thortok2000 wrote:
the train station entrance dummy

Anyone who casually converses with an app in the same manner they would converse with a real person probably needs more interaction with the latter. See what Siri has done to us!
davielde

Postby davielde » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:19 pm

Problem: light traffic

It appears that the problem took care of itself...
davielde

Postby davielde » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:10 pm

Problem: stupid directions

Actually, since the direct left turn onto Inkster is enabled from Grand River while 8 Mile has a "Michigan Left", this is rather ingenious... Plus, we get a big "M" when viewed from above!

davielde

Postby davielde » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:32 am

Problem: Can't see anyone

It's probably not a good idea to be driving then...
davielde

Postby davielde » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 pm

If anyone familiar with a "Michigan Left" thinks it's crazy, I think that Waze invented a "Michigan Right". Fortunately the driver had common sense and just turned right...

davielde

Postby davielde » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:48 pm

CBenson wrote:Is the UR still open? I'd love to inquire about this route with waze staff as my efforts to find out what happened here have stalled.

No, unfortunately all of the turn restrictions looked good, and no close segments on 12 Mile were anomalies like "toll road", so I marked the UR as Not Identified. Here's a permalink to that intersection though.

One note on those two u-turns though. sketch had developed and tweaked an experimental convention for "Michigan Lefts" that we are working with in Michigan only, with our RC's knowledge. Here is some documentation in our wiki on "median u-turn intersections". I did change those two U's to match that. All of this is a long-winded explanation for why two at-grade ramps now exist there in violation of the accepted standards... Those had previously been marked as no name streets instead of named ramps, so Waze's routing may have just seen everything on that drive as "12 Mile".
Last edited by davielde on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davielde

Postby davielde » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 pm

bgodette wrote:From the screen shot the route is trying to get him to go south on the road was going north on, so an elaborate U-Turn not an elaborate right turn.

Good catch on that one little arrow going south! I saw the one "turn right" icon but didn't pick up that it could be two overlaid. Premature closure as it could have been trying to route him back to the neighboring interstate, into the neighboring mall entrance from Novi Rd instead of 12 Mile's entrance, etc... Unfortunately no response from the driver, so it went Not Identified.

So, this is not a "Michigan Right", but a "Michigan T-turn"...
davielde

Postby davielde » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:37 pm

russblau wrote:I had a hard time believing what I was seeing in this UR:

Reporter wrote:Problem: Good afternoon, we are starting a new shiur with Rabbi [REDACTED] tuesday nights ON TANACH, DAVID HAMELECH. "VERY INTERESTING" mincha and arvit at Rabbi [REDACTED] 630 pm followed by shiur till 8pm. please join us in [REDACTED]. thank you
Reported on: yesterday

Needless to say, closed as "Not Identified".

I don't know what the Jewish equivalent of evangelism is called, but that's quite a determined reporter. So, "general error", "missing road"...?
davielde

Postby davielde » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:44 pm

davielde

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor