The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by CBenson
Do you get the waze place location or the Google POI location if you search for the waze name of the airport and select the top autofill result?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
photos.png
(220.48 KiB) Downloaded 939 times
Each one with one or more photos (no other data). I'm kind of surprised I don't see this more often as the "Ask me about places" setting is on by default. If you ask someone to add a photo every time they drive home . . .
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I kind of like DwarfLord's response for hostile reports regarding direction into a traffic jam. However, I report obscene or abusive URs to waze staff. Waze typically bans the user from reporting or terminates the user's waze account as they deem appropriate. Please feel free identify any obscene or abusive URs to me and I will forward them on to waze staff.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
taco909 wrote:Staff has access to reporter identification?
I knew it had to be in the software since we are able to exchange information, I just thought that the information was hidden from humans for legal reasons.
Somehow I would think that that for legal reasons waze would retain an ability for its own staff to curtail users who use the waze service to transmit obscene or abusive messages.
taco909 wrote:Do you think Staff would be receptive to assigning some kind of unique, but random identifier to the reporter?
Receptive? Maybe. Make it a high enough priority that it would be likely to happen in my lifetime? I doubt it.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by cbwierda
I thought we could add Gas Stations?
cbwierda
Send a message
Traveller
Ann Arbor, MI, USA

Post by cdombroski
screenshot.gif
(243.2 KiB) Downloaded 1565 times
Yes, let's cut through somebody's parking area because lefts are illegal at the light. I'm sure that won't annoy anyone at all....
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
Turn not allowed (user reported)

Reported on: June 09
No amusing text here; just another user from the school of "didn't learn how to navigate traffic circles/roundabouts". User got a "At the roundabout, make a left" instruction; they were apparently confused by the one-way sign and made a right instead :roll:
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
Apparently this driver didn't get the memo about problem reports needing to be done on site...

https://www.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&lon ... TTTTTTTTFT

Edit: add a picture...
screenshot.gif
Too many reports!
(104.82 KiB) Downloaded 1870 times
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
txemt wrote:Check the dates on them. I've seen those before and usually the person doing it will report it once a day, which generates that many in what looks like a little amount of time. I also tend to hit those immediately when I see them, as they are representative of a real problem (missing road, wrong driving direction, etc).
These are all within a 3 day span and for a variety of problems. Most of them also have no drive data. Finally, this is a residential area which increases the possibility that this is a person scrolling the map around in Waze and reporting problems from their couch.

Unfortunately, there's nothing I can really do about this without doing something like putting a road on their house telling them they're being ineffective. I guess this person is going to receive a bunch of emails about how I wasn't able to resolve their problems.....

EDIT: So there was 31 of the things there.
cdombroski
Send a message

Post by cdombroski
Mike-1323 wrote:
kodi75 wrote:
Problem: what you show as Charlund Drive in Kingsville MD is OUR PRIVATE DRIVEWAY AND NOT A PUBLIC ROAD. Please correct this immediately or be prepared to contribute financially to the maintenance of our private property.
Idle threats!
He's got it all wrong anyway! That's Charumb Ct, not Charlund Dr. Obviously he doesn't live where he thinks he does.
Not only that, but that road has only one connection, so it should only be used by waze for destinations on that road and turnarounds.
cdombroski
Send a message