Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by jasonh300
zannax wrote:Hi Timbones,
With new editor the script does not save option
Marco
Same issue here.

Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jeberhard
Here is a feature request... the ability to highlight two cities/towns with different colors at the same time. This would be useful when cleaning up borders.
jeberhard
Send a message
https://tinyurl.com/bmxzpzbhttps://www.waze.com/wiki/images/5/5a/W ... M_only.png

Area Manager: Westchester County, NY (& a little slice of Fairfield County, CT)
Check out the NYS To-Do Wiki

Post by jondrush
I really miss the highlighting of all nodes with soft turns and segments with revcon. Any chance these will return?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Click the permalink and they should return.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Timbones wrote: This was how it worked in an earlier version but it showed an awful lot of problems, most of which don't actually need fixing. I felt that showing all nodes with soft-turns would encourage editors to QW all of them, which adds little value to the map and increases the chance of turns being set incorrectly. Therefore, I took the decision to only show them for one node/segment at a time, for when a particular routing issue needs to be diagnosed.
I understand the issue, but it also helped experienced editor hone in on areas with a lot of problems. It was really valuable for that! Some suggestions:
-Could you make it so all selected segments show highlighting, like highlight-turn-restrictions worked in old cartouche?
-Could you detect the editors level and only turn on global highlighting for level 3 and above?
-Could you bring it back and integrate the junction fixer script as a button, so existing turn restrictions are not destroyed?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
How about a toggle switch for the RR display? It makes it hard to pick the RR sometimes.
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jondrush
Timbones, could you provide a means to allow the user to swap the hierarchy order of highlighting?
jondrush
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
shawndoc wrote:Now if only the road layer worked so this script had something to highlight. :D
+1

Timbones has done an incredible job on this script and my experience with it so far has been nothing less than awesome!
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Alan,

I wonder if this is related to the script since we started seeing it sometime after the script was installed for both of us.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Laurent, I think I too am confused by your request. With the map down I cannot see your map location yet, but your description is all about dead-end roads. Maybe your point is if you see a dead-end road in a place where you thought it was a through road you would investigate further?
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message