Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth, bextein

Re: Android beta 3.4.99.110 Feedback thread

Postby wimdelange » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Not sure if it has to do with the beta, so I reported this also in the General / bug area.

But the driving alerts from the last three days are not added to my dashboard, while other things are, like km and points.
Groetjes,
Wim de Lange
Area Manager Zoetermeer
HTC Sensation Android 4.0.1
Waze beta 3.5.1.904
wimdelange

Postby thefatveganchef » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:11 pm

Perlin, when the foursquare portion of the app is developed please have it so it sends latitude and longitude to FS, or develop it so that the checkins count towards mayorships. It is just a minor thing, but it really does no good to have a gps app have fs integration if it doesn't use that to the full potential of the FS api. I have been having to either use an app called radii to do my checkins for my most frequent places, or had to switch to FS (even when you had that feature working before) because it didn't count for mayorships. Thanks for passing this on to them. It is only a minor issue and not a priority, it would just be nice to not have to switch between apps when there is a shiny FS button staring at me in Waze.
thefatveganchef
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby razor2k » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:36 am

crazycomputingdotnet wrote:Perlin, when the foursquare portion of the app is developed please have it so it sends latitude and longitude to FS, or develop it so that the checkins count towards mayorships. It is just a minor thing, but it really does no good to have a gps app have fs integration if it doesn't use that to the full potential of the FS api. I have been having to either use an app called radii to do my checkins for my most frequent places, or had to switch to FS (even when you had that feature working before) because it didn't count for mayorships. Thanks for passing this on to them. It is only a minor issue and not a priority, it would just be nice to not have to switch between apps when there is a shiny FS button staring at me in Waze.

Well I'll be....

No wonder I haven't been granted mayorships in places I have checked into multiple times per week! I just thought other Foursquarers' were cheating the system :o

I just assumed that coordinates to FS from waze was the same as using FS for checking in. Dummy me :oops:
Area Manager: Pinellas, Pasco & Hillsborough Counties FL
Phone: Samsung GS 2, Sprint, Android 4.1.2
Waze: 3.7.2

Waze FAQ...Best Map Editing Practice...Correct Server?...User Manual
razor2k

Postby petervdveen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:49 am

pvaladares wrote:The English file source is available there.
If you have further questions or need permission contact Orit directly.

She said she would contact me, but I'm in now... ;)
Dutch translation is ready...
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby perlin » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:46 am

Spil wrote:Okay, got a new one here. Maybe this is just unique to my installation of this beta, since I haven't seen it reported in the last 14 pages ;), but I'll mention it anyway:

• Under "Settings -> Map -> My car" -- the list of cars is only showing the icons on the left, no names. The only exception to this is the currently-selected car icon, which does show the name next to the checkmark. If I select another car icon, then that icon's name will appear when I go back into the list, and the previously-selected icon's name will be gone.
    Dude, where's my car name.png

Failed to reproduced. Does it happen every time you open this menu?
I'm assuming it happened because of a network problem.
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team

Postby ukume » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

Hola me gustaria ayudar en la traduccion al español ¿Como puedo hacerlo?
ImageImage
County Manager España y Andorra.
Global Champ, Experto en Redes sociales de España, Beta Tester, Traductor.
ukume
Global Champ Mentor
Global Champ Mentor

Postby petervdveen » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 am

ukume wrote:Hola me gustaria ayudar en la traduccion al español ¿Como puedo hacerlo?

Send an email to translations@waze.com
(in english ;) )
petervdveen
Coordinators
Coordinators

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:09 pm

FreeMan12 wrote:
nzhook wrote:
  • There doesnt seem to be a way to cancel the 'Are you heading to ...' directions, if I click the X it routes anyway, if I leave it alone it defaults to Ok, and the only other button is 'Routes'. Could we have a 'No' button?

This, very much! It's not quite so annoying to have to hit the little 'x', I guess I've started to get used to it already, since it's the only option on so many dialogues in the new betas, but a "No" or "Cancel" button would be much nicer.

Also, sometimes, it's so slow to come up with the "Are you heading to ..." that I've already started to select a different location to navigate to, and this pops up and overrides what I was already entering. It can take so long, that I can already be typing in an address to navigate to when it asks if I'm heading to Home, thus wiping out the portion of the address that I've already entered. I suppose the delay is fine, however, before that pops up, it needs to check to ensure that I'm not already in the destination selection dialogue system before it pops that up. Actually, it should probably ensure that I'm not actively "doing" something (i.e. any where in the menus) before it pops this up, and if I'm already into navigation, it shouldn't pop up at all.

+1
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers
Localizers

Postby slow_mo » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:29 pm

+1 from me as well.
Wanted to report this annoying thing long time ago.
slow_mo

Postby alenansk » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:11 pm

hi to all

there are some of my notes:

- when share location with someone (1rst person), and then wish to pick-up someone else (2nd person), the first person can't see me anymore (error - request cancelled)
the second person have an error - can't find your location - when open link on PC (may be in this case this person should just see me on the map?)

- share my ride:
1 - there is a choice:
a) by text message (SMS)
b) by email: and here you have again to choose:
b1) by gmail
b2) by skype

the firs issue is that "share by skype" does not work, nothing happens (the first time i need to sign in to skype), then, sharing again, nothing happens, there is not contact list where i can choose a person to share, and my skype status doesn't change the secons is that may be skype must be between text messages and not between emails

- "red wazer" (see photo below) behind "DEBUG" word [already noticed]; when i tap on it, the red wazer dissappears - i think it is bug

- is it possible to make upper instructions box - smaller (may be by cutting off some millimeters on the inferior board) or to make it more trasparent?

- sometimes the left menu icon dissapears, copule of time it happened when i parked after reaching my destination (see image attached)

- too much menu settings when in navigating mode, need to be reorganized and reduced

- better route find: is really annoying because:
-- impossible to close
-- can't see on the map or to see any details because while driving is dangerous for driver
-- "better" route has arrival time later than the route i currently driving, in preferences i choosed "fastest" way.. so why i get a suggestions for a "better" root which is really worth?

thank you
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (56.22 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (66.94 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (113.86 KiB) Viewed 2586 times
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0
alenansk
Localizers