Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by kentsmith9
xteejx wrote:
shawndoc wrote:Thanks for all your work on this. I would like to see a highlight for soft-turn restrictions.
Umm... It's already there... ;-)
Not in the final released version. I believe Timbones and team was sorting through some issues that were creating more questions than they were solving.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Timbones wrote:
chrysrobyn wrote:What do you think about adding a color option for null nodes (nodes joining two segments that are identical in type, direction, state and city with no real intersection)?
While these are superfluous nodes, they don't really affect routing and so don't need to be deleted.
Also there are many instances in loops where you need the extra junction, but I guess the script could ignore junctions with segments that meet at both ends.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
shawndoc wrote:The Extended Tools Firefox edition has a remove unnecessary nodes button. Works real well, although I wish they'd port the latest version to Chrome, since its next to impossible to click on east/west streets in Firefox, as well as being less smooth.
What version has that button and what button is it?
I too run into the FF problem on horizontal roads, but did find if you zoom out far enough you can more easily select it. Also you can grab the connected junction, move it to make the road diagonal, select and change the desired property, then move it back. I tried Chrome for a while, but it kept crashing on me. Probably a localized issue, but it was taking too long to figure out, so I stick with FF.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
shawndoc wrote:WME Ext. Tools 1.6.2. I got it from the link in the Wiki. The button is called "Suppress Unneeded Junctions"
LOL. I didn't even notice the version was updated.

I also noticed with this newer version the Segment List sort by columns is working again.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
Timbones wrote:Here's my latest version: WME Color Highlights v1.3
  • When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
  • When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
  • Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types
See Soft and Hard Turns for explanation of terms...

:)
With FF14 it does not appear to do what you have described for soft turns, revcon or for highlighting the segments connected to each end of the selected segment. Everything else appears to be working. Did not try other browsers.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
jondrush wrote:I really miss the highlighting of all nodes with soft turns and segments with revcon. Any chance these will return?
I believe there was already a conversation on that topic during the beta phase. Cannot find the thread at the moment.
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
harling wrote:I stopped upgrading once that feature went away, because I have a thing about preventative maintenance. Should probably discuss it in the original forum, though.
+1 on both
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by kentsmith9
youncs wrote:While that extension is awesome of course,

That was like giving a map addict the equivalent of crack.

I'm not sure I appreciate being enabled like that :shock:
That is how they got me... :lol:
kentsmith9
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by khaytsus
Just wanted to drop a huge thank you for this script.. Louisville, KY has I71, I64, I-65, I-264, I-265, all piled on top of each other like dropped spaghetti, most of the roads had no cardinals, a lot of the exits were blank, many more were slightly inaccurate or not meeting current exit naming standards, etc..

Highlighting "last edited in N days" helped me keep track of what I'd done and not done and kept me sane, thank you. :)
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif

Post by khaytsus
Tim,

Will your script work in the new editor, or wait for a new version here as well? :)
khaytsus
Send a message
USA Country Manager
Central Kentucky Area Manager
AT&T LG G2 (AOKP 4.4.4)
Nexus 7 2013 (Cm 13.1)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... ze-500.gif