Autourdupc wrote:Very strange. I m 50000+ points and still do not have some sweets like first 10 miles !
perlin wrote:olestas wrote:LG P500, Android 2.3.3
GPS LOST WITH SPEED CAMERA POPUP! AGAIN! LOGS SENT: 6:40 AM GMT.
Please provide the exact hour it happened.
deeggo wrote:Some thoughts on Waze closing in the background.
Since a couple of weeks I changed my HTC DesireHD for a HTC One X. I found out fast that Waze closes more often in the background on my new device than on my old, although its specs are higher. That has been this way with the current market version and the last 3.4.99 betas. Switching from Waze to the gmail app and reading an e-mail can be enough to trigger this.
With closing in the background I mean that the Waze icon stays in the task bar, but when switching to it, Waze relaunches as if it wasn't running at all.
Apparently, the One X (or Android 4) memory management is more aggressive. I'm never using any task killers.
Here's some info on this subject, that was found during the development of Flitsnav, a Dutch GPS program that was experiencing exactly the same during development. I hope it can help you improve this behaviour, since several users are reporting this.
Waze closing in the background has to do with Android's Out Of Memory (OOM) management.
Some info on OOM_adj (-17 tot +15): The LOWER the value, the MORE important Android thinks the process is.
Foreground Application: -16 to 0
Visible Application: 1
Secondary Server: 2
Hidden Application: 3 to 7
Content Provider: 8 to 14
Empty Application: 15
Maybe you can adjust Waze, so that it sets is own OOM_adj to -17 and repeats that every 5 seconds for instance?
slow_mo wrote:I saw someone mentioning this problem, but since it is still not fixed in this beta but was present in two previous betas, I'll report a bug here.
The problem is that a speedometer disappears when adding a stop and pointing to a location on the map.
Steps to reproduce:
Speedometer will be gone.
- Navigate to any place
- Go to menu and select "Add a Stop"
- Go back twice to get back to the main screen
- Tap and hold somewhere on the map and then select the blue arrow to the right of the popup
- Press "Go" in the next screen
Let me say that current way of selecting a point on map as a stop is not very intuitive. Better way would be to have a separate button saying something like "Point on Map" in the Navigate screen besides Categories, Favorites and History.
porubcan wrote:installed over .109 without problems, all settings preserved.
many small bugs/issues reported for .109 and .106 are still present:
* mismatched moods: bronze and gold are same, speedy and duck are same),
* navi bar in landscape is too big,
* popups have different controls (wazer's don't have close X button and is not being closed by pressing back button),
* wazer's popup goes off the screen,
* settings->social networks->group->Pop-up reports and Group badges - cannot be modified (if you modify and exit settings they are reverted back to "none" and "From all groups I follow".
* menu scrolling is not very comfortable, moreover there is enough space to make menu box larger to get rid of scrolling.
* textboxes for reporting jam, police, accident, hazard and map chat have first line of text misplaced (too high)
- none of above issues reported via forum for previous 2 betas were fixed yet.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users