WazeBar v0.0.54 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

Moderators: Unholy, bextein

Re: WazeBar v0.0.30 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby mike-bronner » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:21 pm

I have been getting error reports indicating that WazeBar may be loading before the jQuery is fully loaded. If it appears unresponsive or doesn't show, please reload the page for now. I will try to figure out a way to make sure jQuery has loaded before loading WazeBar.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner

Postby mike-bronner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:28 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I did a shift-refresh on both and it hides the waze native toolbar now. sweet. I'm curious how you worked through the multiple/identical results in the search box. If you don't mind posting here or just send me an email.

Cool :) Regarding the search box: instead of recreating the entire search functionality from scratch using my own search box and functions, I "kidnapped" the search box from waze and put it in the WazeBar. :)
mike-bronner

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:18 am

I did a shift-refresh on both and it hides the waze native toolbar now. sweet. I'm curious how you worked through the multiple/identical results in the search box. If you don't mind posting here or just send me an email.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mike-bronner » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:08 am

AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The native toolbar still shows for me now. Just the search box and Find button.

Probably what's happening here is that waze is preventing the other scripts from loading. This might be random. On my computer it seems to work around it for some reason (maybe my browser cache is kicking in?).
mike-bronner

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:05 am

Weird. I had to uninstall first.

The native toolbar still shows for me now. Just the search box and Find button.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Re: WazeBar v0.0.3 - Safari Extension for Waze Map Editor

Postby pvaladares » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:50 pm

Installed WazeBar on Safari for Windows and works fine.
Maybe I'll leave Chrome and just start using Safari now ;)

I would suggest to add the shortcuts keys to the label of existing Add Elements:
- Road (I)
- Landmark (U)
- Landmark (O)
pvaladares

Postby mike-bronner » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 pm

pvaladares wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:
Timbones wrote:How hard will it be to port this to Chrome/Firefox?

I was thinking about this, but will need to do some more research. In theory, all the meat and potatoes is there, it would just need to be wrapped as a userscript.

robin1979 wrote:Rename the .safariextz to .gz and see for yourself :). Might just work as is (but I'm not that experienced extension coder, but you seem to be :D).

That probably won't work, but you never know. I think the Framework that Safari Extensions are built upon is very different from other toolbars or userscripts like Greasemonkey.

I managed to unpack the .gzip safari extension.
At the Chrome Extensions Page, chrome://chrome/extensions, there is a "Pack extension"...
Help? ;)

Looking into getting this working in Chrome, this requires actually quite a bit of coding, too much for the moment. I have plans for converting this into a UserScript for non-Safari browsers, but that's only once I have this code-base shored up and stable. Sorry for being the bearer of bad news (you could install Safari for Windows -- I know, there isn't any new development for it, but the latest version will support the extension).
mike-bronner

Postby pvaladares » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:02 am

mike-bronner wrote:
Timbones wrote:How hard will it be to port this to Chrome/Firefox?

I was thinking about this, but will need to do some more research. In theory, all the meat and potatoes is there, it would just need to be wrapped as a userscript.

robin1979 wrote:Rename the .safariextz to .gz and see for yourself :). Might just work as is (but I'm not that experienced extension coder, but you seem to be :D).

That probably won't work, but you never know. I think the Framework that Safari Extensions are built upon is very different from other toolbars or userscripts like Greasemonkey.

I managed to unpack the .gzip safari extension.
At the Chrome Extensions Page, chrome://chrome/extensions, there is a "Pack extension"...
Help? ;)
pvaladares

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm

mike-bronner wrote:On another note, I have contacted the developer of ExtTools and am hopeful that they give permission to integrate it.

There are some features which are heavily abused by people just looking for points. I would carefully consider which features to add.
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby mike-bronner » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Thanks Alan!

I have noticed this once or twice as well -- I haven't seen this happen consistently, though. In debugging this issue, it seems that somewhere along the line a script hangs during the load process of WazeBar. I'm not sure yet if this has to do with WME Color Highlights, or something in WazeBar. I will keep an eye on this and try to figure it out. I have only seen this when reinstalling the extension, not during normal operation. Please let me know if this happens after the extension has been installed.

The default Waze toolbar disappears only once the WazeBar has loaded, and the odd behavior there probably has something to do with the previous issue of the script hanging up somewhere.

On another note, I have contacted the developer of ExtTools and am hopeful that they give permission to integrate it.
mike-bronner

PreviousNext

Return to Waze Map Editor