Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
Thanks Alan!

I have noticed this once or twice as well -- I haven't seen this happen consistently, though. In debugging this issue, it seems that somewhere along the line a script hangs during the load process of WazeBar. I'm not sure yet if this has to do with WME Color Highlights, or something in WazeBar. I will keep an eye on this and try to figure it out. I have only seen this when reinstalling the extension, not during normal operation. Please let me know if this happens after the extension has been installed.

The default Waze toolbar disappears only once the WazeBar has loaded, and the odd behavior there probably has something to do with the previous issue of the script hanging up somewhere.

On another note, I have contacted the developer of ExtTools and am hopeful that they give permission to integrate it.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.4 is now released. If you had version 0.0.2 or later installed, you should be able to do an in-place upgrade. Otherwise, please download latest version and install manually.

In this update:
  • Fixed drop-down lists in WMECH Advanced Options menu.
  • Added road type highlighting in Advanced Menu that was added to WMECHv1.3.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Version 0.0.5 is now a reality:
  • Ability to enable or disable WME Color Highlights plug-in.
  • Ability to use original WME Color Highlights interface, instead of integrating into WazeBar.
To make these changes, go to Safari > Preferences > Extensions > WazeBar. Note that making changes will refresh the page, so you might loose any unsaved edits.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.6 is now out with quasi-full-screen editing! :) I still have some tweaking to do to fix the initial loading issue where the map doesn't load full-screen. Once you move the map, it will snap to full-screen along with the other layers.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks Alan,
I was going to add that option in the next update, I kind of figured that might be useful. Just to get an idea, what would your impetus be for using the original size instead of full-screen? (Just trying to figure out what the different use-cases are for that.)

Regarding the beta: if it causes issue (and you're right, it's because I don't have access), you can disable the extension in Safari > Preferences > Extensions (which you probably already knew, but in case anyone else is reading this).

Also, you caught me! I will remove that immediately.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Version 0.0.7 removes an errant debug alert I accidentally left in the code in 0.0.6 (thanks AlanOfTheBerg!). :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Based on what we understand from Waze, the editing window maximum is set on purpose. This viewable area is directly related to server and network load in terms of preparing road images and sending them to the client. If everyone uses a 25% increased editor viewable area, that is potentially a 50% increase in server and/or network load. (There is a lot of caching going on, so 50% is approximate.) I personally have no issue with the smaller editing window and would, for the sake of overall editor/server-side performance, choose to use it as such.
I see. Perhaps then it should be left by default to 700x1200, and only optionally expanded on demand when the full-screen button is pressed? I have often been annoyed by the amount of moving around the map i've had to do, which prompted me to make this feature.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
I'll bet that JavaScript is erroring out in beta, preventing it from continuing to load. What is the beta URL, so I can turn the extension off for beta.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:You can load the beta editor without needing to login. With a bit of CSS hacking you could hide the login for development purposes. Keyboard shortcuts still work...

via mobile

Psssssssst .... :o
mike-bronner
Send a message