Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
Version 0.0.8 is now released. FINALLY was able to get over the technical hurdles of having the map render correctly the first time around when opening in full-screen mode. Also added button to WazeBar, as well as changed original mode to normal display, instead of full-screen right from the get-go, as this will hopefully save server resources.

(Although I'm not so sure of that, as the roads are all pre-drawn invisibly already for a certain radius outside of the normal viewport, and the aerial maps are loaded from Bing servers, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal. Will add extension setting in future to remember the mode you want it to start in.)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Oh, also please post if you are experiencing issues while using the beta editor. (Theoretically the extension shouldn't even be running in the beta editor, but you never know.) If you do suspect an issue, please take a look at the error console output to see if there are any errors.

Thanks!
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
mike-bronner wrote:Oh, also please post if you are experiencing issues while using the beta editor. (Theoretically the extension shouldn't even be running in the beta editor, but you never know.) If you do suspect an issue, please take a look at the error console output to see if there are any errors.
Why don't you enable it for the beta, too? It seems that your fix for the screen setup in the production editor has also fixed it in the beta. The only thing now is the Toolbar is half there: the Find box shows, but the buttons do not. Also, since it "isn't loading" for the beta, the WazeBar doesn't appear at all. With the number of users so small who can get into the beta editor, I think you should enable it so we can troubleshoot. :)
Ah!! I know what you are experiencing. My CSS is hiding elements of the WME tool bar. I will work on enabling compatibility next.

PS: How do you get into the beta program? (Not that I need to be, but I'm always glad to help out and test -- and it would give me full access to the functionality just to ensure everything works right.)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Version 0.0.9 should fix the issue where WazeBar is hiding elements in the beta editor. Please provide feedback if there are still odd behaviors resulting from this extension in the beta editor.
I will be working on beta compatibility for the 0.0.10 patch over the next few days.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
It won't work with beta without some work, as they have changed the layout quite a bit. Since this extension modifies the layout, it relies on certain elements to make modification to in certain ways. If these elements change or don't exist, it will cause the extension to crash. I have started working on making it compatible, and it doesn't look like it will be too hard. (Watch, I say that now and in 10 minutes I'll hit a huge road-block.)

0.0.10 is released now as well, fixing a little bug caused by a type-o in the last patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The toolbar does fully appear now. Thanks! (But I really just wanted it to work with the beta. Shouldn't it? :D )
Hi Alan (and anyone else interested in testing this): I have a preview version of 0.0.11 available for testing in beta WME. Please download it -- you'll have to install it manually, sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't feel comfortable releasing it as a full update until you can vet it.

Please let me know how it works.

Thanks!
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for checking this out.

1. I don't have sufficient code for the username handling, since I can't log in. Could you do me a favor: when logged in, right-click anywhere on the page, choose "Show Page Source", copy that and put it in a text file and email it to me (I sent you my email address in PM). It shouldn't have any confidential information in the page source.

2. This problem relates directly to #1.

3. Ah, so this tab is specific to his add-on? If so, I'll go ahead and remove it.

Thanks again for your help! :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for all your testing and feedback, Alan! v0.0.11 is now available. There may be the odd bug in WME beta, but I hope to have them all ironed out.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for coming back. I had re-enabled WMECH, but thought I did that after building the 0.0.11 patch. Patch 12 should be up momentarily.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Mike, what do you think about adding back the main Waze links "Download" "Guided Tour" etc? I love WazeBar, but feel, from a branding perspective, perhaps we shouldn't be hiding this. Even the Waze logo and tagline are important to brand.
Good point. I'll think about a solution that would work, perhaps a dedicated Waze menu with logo, etc. to provide branding, and relevant links. I was thinking about adding links to waze and logo somehow to keep the brand and navigation back to the main site functional.
mike-bronner
Send a message