Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

How to report an incident when I past it?

Post by
I wanted to report hidden police once I stopped at home. But it's putting the marker right on my house instead of where the police is... how can I move this? There's no way I'm pulling out my cell phone to report what I see as I drive.

POSTER_ID:9521752

Send a message

Post by Agamicox
bigbear3764 wrote:It will disappear after a certain time.

I'm not sure if all phones have the voice reporting feature, iPhone does. I activate voice mode, say report police and pop, it's up.
Where does Iphone have this option?
I want to try it on my HTC.
It's a good question - sometimes Im not reporting accident or Police, or whatever just because it's not safe to reach out and press 2-3 buttons :roll:
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by Agamicox
gerben wrote:It is only available at the NA server...
Sorry? Was this answer to my post?

How can I use Voice command on Android Waze?
Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Agamicox
Send a message
HTC One X

Post by aladincz
Hello,

I would like to add my two cents.

I understand that hitting report button twice may be easy to hold position and be able report later but as you could see in posts people would sometime prefer posting report when it is save. Not all drives are so skilled to keep attention on two things or some may wear glasses for long distances etc.

So the question is "Will Waze listen and try to make option to post later?" It would solve another problem that I can not post map error on place I am not at the moment. I can but have to do it on computer. Can not do in on phone because it will kicks me back to my position.

Thanks for understanding

Frantisek
aladincz
Send a message

Post by aladincz
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
aladincz wrote:So the question is "Will Waze listen and try to make option to post later?" It would solve another problem that I can not post map error on place I am not at the moment. I can but have to do it on computer. Can not do in on phone because it will kicks me back to my position.
Unlikely. There are people, and we know this for a fact, who will sit at their desk or on their couch, and will enter hazards and all sorts of crap all over the place where there isn't anything going on. They do this for fun and for getting points. People who think "I MUST HAVE MORE POINTS!" especially will be doing this. They are already the same people who try to script and cheat the map editor just for these amazing glorious points. :roll:
Hmmm. So are the points so important for Waze project to use them? Would do people stop colaborating without them? Can those "people" be just mmotivated by other companies that do navigation?

And what about giving points only for report somebody would Thanks for. Or number of people. To avoid hackers.
aladincz
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Agamicox wrote:
gerben wrote:It is only available at the NA server...
Sorry? Was this answer to my post?

How can I use Voice command on Android Waze?
Yes. It's only available in North America at this time. I can't believe it's not available in more places by now. Maybe after the World infrastructure upgrade... next year some time...
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
aladincz wrote:So the question is "Will Waze listen and try to make option to post later?" It would solve another problem that I can not post map error on place I am not at the moment. I can but have to do it on computer. Can not do in on phone because it will kicks me back to my position.
Unlikely. There are people, and we know this for a fact, who will sit at their desk or on their couch, and will enter hazards and all sorts of crap all over the place where there isn't anything going on. They do this for fun and for getting points. People who think "I MUST HAVE MORE POINTS!" especially will be doing this. They are already the same people who try to script and cheat the map editor just for these amazing glorious points. :roll:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
You didn't have it running while driving?

No way around that, it's going to post where you hit send.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by Bigbear3764
It will disappear after a certain time.

I'm not sure if all phones have the voice reporting feature, iPhone does. I activate voice mode, say report police and pop, it's up.
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by CrackedLCD
Having some way to pinpoint the alert later would also be nice. I may not be driving right by a major wreck or speed trap to still be able to see it. The current system means I can't alert to a wreck on an overpass or underpass if I'm on a highway, for example, even though I saw it and could possibly help someone else out.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message