Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by Kuhlkatz
bz2012 wrote:Perhaps there is some special incantation that I have forgotten?
As mentioned earlier, it's due to a WME bug, not related to the highlight script. Maybe Tim can change the script to immediately update/save each setting as it is toggled.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Laurentwb
Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank the author for this great script.

One of the feature that can be very useful is the possibility to highlight unterminated roads because it allows to highlight connection problems.
However, it is currently not fully operational as it not really the original purpose (which is to highlight unterminated roads olny).

A suggestion would be to have an additional option to highlight roads which are connected on one side only or on no side at all?
Would that be feasible ?

Thank you for feedback.

Laurent
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Laurentwb
Spil wrote: If I'm reading you correctly, this is exactly what the "highlight unterminated roads" option does. If there is a road segment that is not connected to a junction at one or both of its ends, then it gets colored a lovely lime green by this function. :)

If you're talking about road segments that are connected to a junction that has no other road segments attached to it ... well, that's a different story. It probably could be done, but I'm not sure how valuable that would be as an editing guide (since it would flag all properly-represented dead-end streets as potential problems :o).
Thanks for the reply.

Here is a permalink pointing to a place where there are 4 roads with connection on only one side. Three are highlighted, one is not. https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=7&l ... TTTFTTTTFT

I understand why these dead-end roads don't show up the same way. My point, as you say, is to really highlight roads with connection on only one side because it is a good tool to find where there are real connection issues rather than dead-end roads.

As you say, not sure it is feasible. But it would be so great ...

Laurent
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Laurentwb
Yes. You are right.

Back to the original suggestion : It would be great to be able to highlight all roads having only one connection, unterminated or not.

Regards.

Laurent
Laurentwb
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by linus71
Thank you so much Timbones :D

Your tools is fantastic!
Great ;)
linus71
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by linus71
Hi Timbones.
I would like to thank you for the work you've done.
The script that you developed is a fantastic tool!

Last month, some users have destroyed the Italian maps and your script helped us a lot

In addition, I would like to ask you a question inherent to a system that can provide greater protection for maps...

Do you think is possible to create a script that can do some sort of backup of a map?

What I mean is this: for example, in this permalink, the map has been completed
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=4&l ... FFTFTTTTFT

If a vandal will make some changes to the map, with your script I can easily see where he made ​​changes.
The only way to repair the damage done, is to edit the map again: if the problem is related to a few dozen changes, you can easily fix it.
But if the changes are thousands, it is very difficult to solve the problem in a short time.

It would be great if there was a system that photographs the map and keeps a memory of the original...

You think it is technically possible?

Thanks
Lino
linus71
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by linus71
thanks for your job!
it's very useful 8-)
linus71
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by loeffelbaer
Timbones wrote:Here's my latest version: WME Color Highlights v1.3
  • When a node is selected, it highlights segments with soft turns, reverse connectivity and U-turns
  • When 1 segment is selected, it highlights connecting segments at each end, as per selected nodes
  • Adds highlight for a selected road type (purple) - lowest precedence, excludes obvious types
See Soft and Hard Turns for explanation of terms...

:)
What do the different colors say? I've seen yellow and pink so far..
loeffelbaer
Send a message
Gruß
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S4

Post by loeffelbaer
Timbones wrote:
Loeffelbaer wrote:What do the different colors say? I've seen yellow and pink so far..
Click on a node, and you'll see colours explained in the side...

via mobile
Sorry for the question. Didn't show up at the first time. Now it's working and it's.... great! :) Thanks
loeffelbaer
Send a message
Gruß
Marco

Samsung Galaxy S4

Post by Machete808
I'm loving this tool. Thank you to all involved.

Could a future version make red arrows (restricted turns) pop up?
Machete808
US Waze Champs
US Waze Champs
Send a message