Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Random to none anouncement via TTS

Post by Eric97200
Hello
I am using waze android client 3.2.2.2 on a samsung I9003 android 2.3.6.

The TTS function seems to work randomly. I will have very occasionnal anouncement while driving past the same speed camera in the same direction. Other notification - hazards, police etc... - are announced very rarely. The popup window with the detail do appear, and the sound icon is on. Volume of the phone and in waze settings is at full

Setup was : Language: French, Navigation Guidance: French. I switched to English / English UK (carole). Waze did download the voice, but no improvements.

Any suggestion as to how to get waze speaking ?

Rgds
Eric97200

POSTER_ID:11160515

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Speed cams only alert verbally if you are exceeding the speed limit set on the camera. Other alerts only popup and give a verbal alert if they are set for the same direction and road you are on. If a hazard or police give a pop-up alert, they should also give a audible alert. Are you outputting sound via the phone speaker, some kind of dock connector, headphone jack/aux or BT?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Eric97200
thanks for this super fast answer !

First part of your anwser leads me to believe I am not speeding that much !

I am using waze in my car (!) with a BT speaker connected. The sound, when it plays, is played through the loudspeaker of the phone itself (handsfree).

Thanks again - I really love the app as the community is building nicely in my area.

E.
Eric97200
Send a message

Post by Eric97200
Ok.... this is solved now. Last version of waze shows a button in setting / volume / always use loudspeaker (haur parleur in french) that I've UNchecked, and now it outputs sounds to the loudspeaker perfectly

The app was great without the sound, it is now f***ing great !!! :-)
Eric97200
Send a message