Post by glosapp
So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

Is it normal to wait for a week to see updates? Should I still hang tight or is there something I'm not doing right here?
glosapp
Send a message

Post by glosapp
My patience is running thin with Waze lately. Over the past week, I've driven over 500 miles and more specifically, I left Waze on so I could open more areas of my map. What you guys probably don't realize is that this uses data on my phone's plan AND my time to drive out to these areas. Let's not forget the cost of gas these days. The unfortunate event is that Waze isn't recording all my routes. Especially the really long ones. I had a recent one from NJ to PA and that hasn't shown up. I had another one over a week ago that just won't appear and remove the blocked areas in the center of the map that I wanted to fix. (NOTE: I specifically went out of my way to drive that direction just to open the map, only to find out the route was never recorded on your servers)

I've driven a ton of miles today alone and I am suspecting that it's probably not going to show up again. I'm planning to drive to MD this week, but again, I'll assume nothing will change.

Am I thankful that the app works and redirects me around traffic? Sure. Am I grateful that it's free - sure. But you need to fix your tracking abilities because I'm done driving around town wastefully burning gas and my time to not have them tracked. It's frustrating and annoying. I've already put in a request to have my area opened up (AM), but my request went ignored.
glosapp
Send a message

Post by gnardigan
taddison1 wrote:
mattlach wrote:Status page says that the updating issue is resolved.

Personally my dashboard updated this morning, but my long drives from last weekend are still missing :(
Same for me. My dashboard points updated this morning, though several of the statistics within it such as "Exsting Miles" did not update, and have not updated since Oct 6th though I have driven every day since then with the Waze client open.

The map editor is down for maintenance this morning; I wonder if the problem with missing drives is a separate issue than the points not updating. Hopefully they're working on it, I do wish their status page gave a little more detail.
This is also the case for me. I drove a few hundred miles over the weekend and this morning my road hazard statistics and points are showing, but none of my miles or anything miles related.
gnardigan
Send a message

Post by HandofMadness
Points on my dashboard haven't been updated since the 5th, and UR's from the last few days have been delayed. So it looks like they've having some issues, not just on drives.
HandofMadness
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
I think points are updated and drives are not. You don't have points for the missing miles.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by hickpop
I'm still a week behind in drives, but this morning at 11:30 my points were updated again. Weird.
hickpop
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by honeybadgest
My Status page says I have 69 map updates, but I have not gotten any notifications on my Scoreboard or the +500 Candy for Resolving 50 map problems. Similarly, I'm still missing my +50 for the First report of a map problem.
honeybadgest
Send a message

Post by invented
Dossy wrote: Gotta keep your expectations low when you're dealing with a free app - when stuff doesn't work, we have to remind ourselves that we're getting exactly what we paid for it ...
Yeah, months and months of my own unpaid time fixing their maps.
invented
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Points on the NA server have not updated since Friday. It's a known issue to the developers and is being looked into.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message