The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

New here, need orientation

Post by
Hello all!

I am a new wazer. I am learning to to the proper editing in my local area. and yes, I am reading the manual. :)

I got this situation (link attached) and I think it is to cluttered. But before going ahead and doing something wrong I want to ask the experts is this intersection is fine the way it is or what you may do to fix it.

Thank you in advance

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.43 ... s=67624457

POSTER_ID:10479724

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
harling wrote:Personally, I would un-split both roads and leave this whole intersection as a single junction between two-way roads, all turns enabled. Done, lock it, and it will never need to be revisited.
Totally agree. Those roads do not fit the guidelines to be split and the intersection does not need to be set up with turn lanes either. Not appropriate. Delete and re-do.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
trevorfl wrote:Thank you all for your quick reply. I will do what. Did not know I was able to "lock it" when I am only a level 0, but will do it so they don't do this editing mistake again.
You can post a thread requesting it be locked by a higher level editor once you are done setting it up properly. Or here in this thread, if you get it done soon.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Start there and work out. From what I see, the road, median or not, doesn't meet splitting guidelines, which are in the wiki.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
There was a similar discussion about a similar set up not too long ago here. That intersection was changed after the discussion. My personal opinion is that it is cluttered and hard to maintain (plus there are a bunch of excess junctions and what look to be erroneous turn restrictions in your example). Another question is whether the intersection really gives the instructions that the editor is aiming for (assuming the turn restrictions are set correctly). Where the turn lanes curve into their destination road like that you don't get a turn instruction at the intersection, only a keep/stay instruction where the turn lane begins. That is usually not what I'm looking for at a simple crossroad.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
What could go wrong?
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by CBenson
Looks good to me. I was just looking at the intersection in the permalink. So simple now.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by harling
Egad. It's debatable whether Flora or Dyer need to be split, but they absolutely do not need to be split into individual lanes like that.

Personally, I would un-split both roads and leave this whole intersection as a single junction between two-way roads, all turns enabled. Done, lock it, and it will never need to be revisited.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
Actually, you have two more steps:
  • 1. Add the city & street names to the red segments (they will turn white when you save); and
    2. Delete the four junctions on each side of the intersection, to make the short segments part of the longer segments on each side. (This will work only when the state/city/street name/type/direction etc. of the two segments match.)
harling
Send a message

Post by harling
CBenson wrote:Looks good to me. I was just looking at the intersection in the permalink. So simple now.
Indeed. Nothing like the "before" picture! (We should have taken a screen shot for posterity.)
jemay wrote:The roundabouts at the end of the streets should not be there. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _dead-ends
These circles are small enough to be represented simply by extending the straight road segments across their centers.
harling
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.43 ... s=67592475

The roads aren't even connected together. That whole intersection is unroutable.

The user who did this needs to be contacted and stopped before major damage is done.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message