Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by kylehayes
I'm in the same boat as everyone else here. If there is not going to be button to mute _everything_ then at least when a notification is played, whatever I'm listening to should be paused momentarily then have the notification play. I care less that the notification is occurring and more that it plays OVER my existing sound which is usually an audiobook or podcast.
kylehayes
Send a message

Post by tgulden
This seems to be the intersection of two maddening (and long standing) bugs:

1) mute does not mean mute -- it clearly should.

2) volume control does not work properly. In fact, if you are wired into the car stereo, the volume resets to MAXIMUM each time you launch the app. The slider retains the proper setting, but the actual volume is MAX. This can be reset by opening settings, going to sound, sliding the volume slider al the way to max, then sliding it back where you want it (perhaps zero to get around bug #1).

I have to do this every time I get into my car, or the thing shouts at max volume over my music. It's awful. Please fix!

Also, while I am ranting, please make Waze shut off automatically after I finish my drive like it did under ios5. If I forget to explicitly shut it down, it kills my battery.
tgulden
Send a message

Post by ThezeeZ
I've been looking for an option to disable speed camera warnings altogether, because a) I don't really need them and they're just annoying and b) technically usage of devices and software showing speed cameras (even if the ability is disabled and can easily be re-enabled) is currently illegal in Germany and from what I hear a bunch of other European countries as well, and usually comes with quite a hefty fine :)
ThezeeZ
Send a message

Post by TonyG-UK
Delete the sound files from your phone.
TonyG-UK
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png
UK Country Manager. Area manager: Wiltshire, UK

Post by WeeeZer14
If I recall correctly, you can disable cameras from showing up on the map BUT you will still get alerts from them.

I have no input on the volume issue though.
WeeeZer14
Send a message
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
[img]https:///V68te[/img]
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator