Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
Post by AlexN-114
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
Girevikkb wrote:I would love to get the directions from the phone's speaker. I don't get them at all when it's connected to BT, regadless of how I configure the sound settings in Waze.
"Play sound to speaker" does nothing? Does Android keep a separate volume setting for phone speaker vs other output method?
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Android 4.0.4, waze 3.5.1.4 and a Mazda 3 with BT and the only way to get a voice from waze is to switch off BT at my SGS2. Even if i switch to voice over speaker does nothing. In this case I see also if I press the volume keys that my phone still tries to output the voice over BT.
AlexN-114
Send a message
Last edited by AlexN-114 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/8/87/RWrsig.png
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org

Post by AlexN-114
kldconcept wrote:I have a problem with BT when I'm online waze sounds happening on my communication, while normally I don 'not use BT are the Waze, but through the HP internal
:oops:
samsung galaxy s2 ics4.04
I had the same problem. I used SoundAbout to redirect the sound to the speaker. Now after the update to 4.1.2 all work correct without workaround. ;)
AlexN-114
Send a message
best regards Alex ;)
AM Waldviertel (NÖ)/Forest quarter (Lower Austria) / CM Austria / GC
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/8/87/RWrsig.png
HiLiCi @ greasyfork.org or @ userscripts.org

Post by bkayrac
Girevikkb wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Play sound to speaker" does nothing? Does Android keep a separate volume setting for phone speaker vs other output method?
Nope, not when on bluethooth. Not sure about the separate volume, but there is a volume in Waze that's al the way up.
This is very strange, i'm beginning to think it's an actual setting on your phone, perhaps in the bluetooth options

the fact that you can stream music over bluetooth without issue, waze uses the same setup, it's considered media

troubleshoot time........start with uninstalling waze, and use a file explorer to remove the waze folder......your favorites will be restored when you re-install......the only thing you will have to re-set are the actual things in waze, such as your car type, etc etc

if that fails, look in your bluetooth options

EDIT, perhaps the easiest solution.....do you have your car set to the bluetooth streaming station?......for instance my button on my car is 'cd/aux'......obviously it is the 'aux' part of it
bkayrac
Send a message

Post by bkayrac
route to speaker goes to the phones speaker, and works for me on my nexus 4.1 jellybean

yeah try the troubleshooting above, mostly deleting the waze folder after uninstalling and re-installing

after that, find a friend that has an android device and waze and hook it up to your car and see

otherwise might need a support ticket
bkayrac
Send a message

Post by bkayrac
route to speaker goes to the phones speaker, and works for me on my nexus 4.1 jellybean

yeah try the troubleshooting above, mostly deleting the waze folder after uninstalling and re-installing

after that, find a friend that has an android device and waze and hook it up to your car and see

otherwise might need a support ticket
bkayrac
Send a message

Post by bkayrac
http://www.waze.com/support/

type in for previous matches, when it doesn't find any or you say it didn't help, there is an option to email support

i'd be sure to include your car type as it's something with the bluetooth on your car and or your phone
bkayrac
Send a message

Post by CharlesNakar
I initially thought it was my car causing the problem but after reading the posts I understand it is likely Waze that has as issue. In my 2015 CRV only in the last few months whenever I try to use Waze via Bluetooth there is no sound and I am being asked by the car system if I would like to transfer the call but what ever I am doing I cannot make the Bluetooth to work with Waze. Funny is the fact that when I am in a middle of a phone call, Waze sounds loud and clear through Bluetooth which is very irritating because is is so loud you cannot continue the phone call.
Please advise
Charles
CharlesNakar
Send a message

Post by DrGBH
I have had a similar problem. I found that directions would play through the phone speaker when 'prefer bluetooth' was checked. However when I set both 'play sound to phone speaker' AND 'prefer bluetooth' OFF, the sound is routed to the bluetooth speaker. Odd!
DrGBH
Send a message

Post by EricRFMA
Hello all...

i have a related question, also with an S3 and the abominable Ford Sync System.

I tried selecting "Route sound to speaker" while the phone was paired with the car, and then I heard nothing at all from Waze. When I unchecked "Route sound to speaker" I still couldn't hear any of the voice nav from Waze. I tried various things in the Sync settings such as Bluetooth Streaming on/off and still no voice nav from Waze.

Now that I'm away from the car, Waze is talking to me again, but I fear when I approach the car again, it'll lose its voice.

Also, what exactly does "Route sound to speaker" mean? Does it mean the S3's speaker? The bluetooth connected device? If it's not routing sound to the speaker, where is it supposed to go?

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!

-Eric
EricRFMA
Send a message

Post by EricRFMA
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Eric, speaker is the phone speaker. Otherwise, waze will use BT streaming (Sync phrase). If "Prefer BT" is selected, then it will use the BT phone style connection and interrupt any playing audio on the car stereo just like a phone call does.
Thanks for your reply Alan!

Just a couple of things: First, I couldn't find the "Prefer BT" option. In the "Sound" settings there's only "Route sound to speaker" and a "Prompts volume" control. Second, by default "Route sound to speaker" is not selected, and the prompts come through the phone speaker anyway. When I did select "Route sound to speaker", that's when I lost all sound from the prompts.

I'm fully ready to blame the Sync system for this, or myself ;) Do you have any idea if I would need to set anything in the Sync system, other than pairing the phone with it (which it is?) I can make/receive phone calls through Sync no problem. If I select "Bluetooth Streaming" on the Sync, then it assumes that's how I'm playing music through it and so can't listen to what I really want to listen to. Other possibly helpful tidbits: In the Bluetooth settings, I have both "Call audio" and "Media audio" checked. I have Waze 3.2.2.2 on a Samsung Galaxy S3, Android version 4.0.1.

Thanks again for your help!

-Eric
EricRFMA
Send a message