Post by jasonh300
McCracken808 wrote:2. Hawaii IS a state.
Sadly, some people don't know that.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
glosapp wrote:So I'm a bit concerned as I've driven a ton of miles throughout this week (starting Monday) and it's now on the eve of Sunday and my driving has not been recorded on the live map. Also, I've probably edited about a thousand points on the live map but it still only says I've edited a handful.

Is it normal to wait for a week to see updates? Should I still hang tight or is there something I'm not doing right here?
Please see http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23084
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
jrbdmb wrote:Edit - Most recent Waze status claims that "Points in the NA server haven't updated today. They are currently updated as of yesterday (October 17)." Is this the same as drives getting updated? If so, that means that not one of my drives over 5 miles or so has been logged by Waze. Getting frustrating. :evil:
Points are updated every night around midnight. So the last NA scoreboard update should say "Rank, last updated: 10.17.2012, 22:50" (time may vary depending on time zone).

Drives have to be processed and have nothing to do with the points on the scoreboard. Long uninterrupted drives take longer to process. And yes, I agree that there seems to be some drives that simply have disappeared, but they may still pop up later.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Waze is recording your route any time you turn it on. That's one of the most important features of Waze. Run it any time you're driving, because you're contributing traffic data.

The old drives are still slowly trickling in. But there's still a backlog on long drives to around October 6, or possibly even earlier.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
pcoventry wrote:I see fair enough it never did my points until I actually navigated places

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
You came into using Waze right smack in the middle of some server and software issues. So the entire time you've been here, everything has been pretty much screwed up. It's not normally like this, and it's getting better. But any time data stops being processed for a length of time, it takes a while to catch up. Also, this happened during a huge influx of new users...something to the tune of a million new downloads over the course of about 2 weeks, if the numbers I read were accurate.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The mileage seems to hit the dashboard daily. It's just the drives, and any URs that you may leave, that are delayed.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Jimmy-
On iPhone 4S. When I go to scoreboard on app I get a message: something went wrong in red letters and scoreboard doesn't display. Is this known issue?
Jimmy-
Send a message

Post by Jpere
Dossy wrote:
GeekNJ wrote:
daknife wrote:Well 3-4 day delay, minus the three day weekend = means they still have 2 days to go before they are overdue.
What are they a bank? 3-4 days is 3-4 calendar days, not 4 non-holiday business days.
Gotta keep your expectations low when you're dealing with a free app - when stuff doesn't work, we have to remind ourselves that we're getting exactly what we paid for it ...
That's not really an excuse since we know Waze is making money off this product using millions of volunteers hours since it started. The least they can do is provide a stable platform.
Jpere
Send a message

Post by Jpere
Several of my drives got updated today but have the date as "Today."

I couldn't have possibly driven that much :lol:
Jpere
Send a message

Post by jrbdmb
Fairly new user (about a month). It seems that only half of my drives are getting uploaded properly to Waze. I don't really care about the points, but I am upset that due to these missing drives a large section of my county that I should be able to edit is still locked out to me.

There is one particular road (White Horse Pike in Atlantic County) that I've driven both 10 days ago and three days ago - neither show up in My Drives. Frustration level rising, any help appreciated.

PS - it appears that my counts in the Dashboard are about right for Map Updates and Alerts, but the Mileage being shown is very low (1.2 recorded miles). ??
jrbdmb
Send a message