Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Moderators: krankyd, Unholy

Re: Gas prices feature: everything you need to know

Postby dovos » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:17 am

I solved this problem, having changed the region in settings of Iphone. :( instead of Russia I chose the USA. It is necessary to solve a problem with support that they corrected now.
dovos

Postby dovos » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:09 am

How many gas brands should be in the client?
Now, in Russia, gas brands terminate on the "S-С" letter. But there are many others russian letter - Т, У Ф Х, Ц, Ч, Э, Ю, Я

dovos

Postby elwoodblues61 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:33 am

foxitrot wrote:
xirurg58 wrote:When gas prices are filled in manually, we can see previous prices.
When renewing prices via pop-up it always empty, even I filled prices day before.

I've noticed this as well. Must be a bug - my popup was empty and at the same time been updated a day ago.

I have made the same observation. But also since I can now update fuel prices the prices are no longer displayed in the site
preview. It only shows site name and icon and phone. Is this a bug or related to server update delays?
HTC-oneX Android 4.1.1
Waze 3.7.8.0 on http://www.waze.com
elwoodblues61

Postby erixooon » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

fotrik wrote:gas prices already enabled would give much stronger motivation to users to add the stations faster.

I second that! :idea:
erixooon

Postby fanzalon » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:47 pm

Dear All,
the gas price feature is really great!!!!
Do you think is it possible to add other kind of Gas?
e.g.: super diesel?

Thanks a lot and go ahead on this way I really like this app and I strongly sponsor you.

Fabrizio.
fanzalon

Postby fotrik » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:53 am

Chicken and egg problem. Waze wants to enable gas prices when good coverage reached but gas prices already enabled would give much stronger motivation to users to add the stations faster. :) Next to it, how would you define good coverage? Germany could have one station in 80 km on a highway, Czech Republic could have five stations on that distance. So what is good coverage?
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:38 pm

vitj: I reported the problem to Orit ~2 days ago. Probably left for holidays now, be patient.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby fotrik » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:02 pm

It looks as the price range check is influenced by the surrounding stations. We had the same problem in CZ when the feature lauched. There was a station or two with very low testing prices and all stations around in wide area had problem to enter valid price of the same gas type. When these low values found and all removed, everething started to work. Please check it in your area, it's probably the same problem.
ImageImage
fotrik

Postby foxitrot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm

Something like 9 at the end should be either a country-dependent policy, or disabled - it can not be global. In Slovakia some gas station networks are using 9 at the end, some do use 0 and some any arbitrary value.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

Postby foxitrot » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:02 pm

OK, I've checked that it is indeed country-dependent and was entered in the request form (e.g. x,xxx€ for Slovakia).

olestas wrote:Cannot enter prices in Latvia.. says that price is not correct :D And there is automatically number 9 at the end, which is stupid.

You should check on your forum, who was filling Waze request form for Latvian gas stations and which price string was reported. Maybe Waze should correct it.
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new crashing Android 3.7.xx.yyy (SG-A2 JealousBin).
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

PreviousNext

Return to Waze App