Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
jondrush wrote:As an option.
Sure, that could be consideration. Thanks!
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks bgodette, I'll keep an eye on it. Would this be something that you would like added to WazeBar? I was considering adding the GeoWipe bookmarklet, but need to do some more investigating, and obtain permission from the author, first.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 0.0.21 is now out. I updated the error reporting to contain another bit of information, as well as updated the edit counter in the save button to properly reflect the number of edits, regardless if the map is being manipulated by the mouse. This was of particular issue when using bookmarklets.

Alan, could you give this a shot and see if it works properly now? :) Thanks!!
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for the report, Alan! :)
I'm working on more improvements over then few days, which should address additional bugs and move all code to jQuery.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:For the dark theme, the standard Waze dark header would work better.
Yea, I haven't given that too much attention over the past few days. Just taken the existing header and positioned it. WME (live) doesn't have the black header.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Another script to include? :)
Thanks Alan -- already had that under the add-ons under consideration (see original post), but didn't have the link to it.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Yea, I have the repositioning of the WazeBar on my to-do list, but after the bugs have been ironed out, especially the search issue with duplicate names. I'm actively working on that right now and may have a solution, but it will take a few more hours. Once I have that bug solved, I want to move the rest of the code to jQuery, then I'll work on repositioning the WazeBar, then on seeing if we can integrate UROverview. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch 23 is now available:
  • Moved code base to jQuery, reducing code footprint from 1000+ lines down to about half. This also eliminated the need for separate code bases between production and beta WME.
  • Fixed search bug where city names would prevent a search, i.e. "Barview, OR".
  • Fixed broken permalink button.
  • Fixed bugs when disabling WME Color Highlights.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The non-WazeBar-exclusive issue with segments not selecting on permalink load sure annoys me... With all the eyes on it, I'm surprised it's not been identified yet. :)
Hi Alan, I believe this has to do with WMECH functionality (Tim, can you confirm?). In testing the permalink in WazeBar kept the segments highlighted, provided I had WMECH disabled. Re-enabling WMECH removed the highlights that are stored in the permalink (to be clear: the permalink still had them, but I believe WMECH ignores them in order to do its own highlighting).
mike-bronner
Send a message