Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.

New here, need orientation

Post by TrevorFL
Hello all!

I am a new wazer. I am learning to to the proper editing in my local area. and yes, I am reading the manual. :)

I got this situation (link attached) and I think it is to cluttered. But before going ahead and doing something wrong I want to ask the experts is this intersection is fine the way it is or what you may do to fix it.

Thank you in advance

https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.43 ... s=67624457
TrevorFL

POSTER_ID:10479724

Send a message

Post by jemay
When I looked around, I still noticed stay sections and one segment is still one way. https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.43 ... s=67020365

Also in that view I noticed the roundabouts that should not be there...
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by jemay
There are still two stray segments - https://www.waze.com/editor/?lon=-81.43 ... s=66794992
and the other is further southeast (on the same road - Flora Blvd)

Also while you are in the area, the roundabouts at the end of the streets should not be there. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _dead-ends
jemay
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
:arrow: PLEASE READ: Wiki Resources: FAQ|Best Practices|Editing issues?
Global Champ | Assistant Regional Coordinator for US South West - CA,NV,UT,AZ,NM,CO,HI | CM for US

Android & Carplay - Verizon

Post by kickahaota
Some other spots in that area that could use your attention:

* This parking lot is badly in need of help. If you look carefully in the editor, you'll see that the outer one-way loop doesn't have a junction at the point where it ends and rejoins with the main road; so Waze thinks it's a dead end. And leaving aside the question of whether the smaller inner two-way loop should be mapped at all, it has the same problem.

* This segment has the same problem (it's not connected to the southbound road).

* This segment should connect with Dyer Blvd.

* And more substantively, ranging a bit farther out, it looks like there are still a few roads in the Waze map that are just flat-out mistakes -- leftovers from the basemap, which unfortunately contained lots of short nonexistent roads. This "road", for example, appears to be almost entirely a fantasy. When you see a dead-end road jutting off in an odd direction, check to see if it's an actual road (which you can quickly do by pressing Shift-R to turn off the Roads layer in Waze, letting you see the underlying streets better).
kickahaota
Send a message

Post by TrevorFL
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
harling wrote:Personally, I would un-split both roads and leave this whole intersection as a single junction between two-way roads, all turns enabled. Done, lock it, and it will never need to be revisited.
Totally agree. Those roads do not fit the guidelines to be split and the intersection does not need to be set up with turn lanes either. Not appropriate. Delete and re-do.

Thank you all for your quick reply. I will do what. Did not know I was able to "lock it" when I am only a level 0, but will do it so they don't do this editing mistake again.

Have a great day.
TrevorFL
Send a message

Post by TrevorFL
harling wrote:Egad. It's debatable whether Flora or Dyer need to be split, but they absolutely do not need to be split into individual lanes like that.

Personally, I would un-split both roads and leave this whole intersection as a single junction between two-way roads, all turns enabled. Done, lock it, and it will never need to be revisited.
Ok, I was just about to start fixing this and suddenly stopped. This is is a long road with a long median. Regardless this, should I just create a one "both way" road in the middle and delete the "one way roads"? Or should I do it just at the points (junctions) close to the intersection area?

Thank you again for the help.
TrevorFL
Send a message

Post by TrevorFL
Ok. I finished the editing. That was a lot of work. ( I am new). Hope everything was good. Now I requesting that it get locked so it will not be easy for someone else to change it.

Thank you

:)
TrevorFL
Send a message

TrevorFL
Send a message

Post by TrevorFL
CBenson wrote:What could go wrong?
Was told to fix some issues. I did it and was asking if the intersection is properly set now. :)

Thank your for your reply.
TrevorFL
Send a message

Post by TrevorFL
harling wrote:
CBenson wrote:Looks good to me. I was just looking at the intersection in the permalink. So simple now.
Indeed. Nothing like the "before" picture! (We should have taken a screen shot for posterity.)
jemay wrote:The roundabouts at the end of the streets should not be there. http://www.waze.com/wiki/index.php/Crea ... _dead-ends
These circles are small enough to be represented simply by extending the straight road segments across their centers.
Ok, I really hope there is no problem now. :) I learned several interesting things thanks to the help I got from the people here. I do appreciate all the help I got from you all.

Thank you

I think I will still work the with easy fix for now. Once I get more experience I will deal with the hard ones. To bad there are so many roads that are split when one two way road will suffice.

Edited:

I did four roundabouts. It was a not easy for me. I got many errors when I was trying to save my work. I read the manual. After several attempts I was able to manage. Do you think I should do all of them in that neighborhood or leave it as is?
TrevorFL
Send a message