iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Moderators: Unholy, hilaroth

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am

robin1979 wrote:- Same crashes as with the last 3-4 beta's. Is there anything being done about these? I've not seen a single reaction to this.

Is there a specific scenario that causes the crash? Also, please try to remove the app and reinstall to fix the it. Report back if it does help.
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby robin1979 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 am

perlin wrote:
robin1979 wrote:- Same crashes as with the last 3-4 beta's. Is there anything being done about these? I've not seen a single reaction to this.

Is there a specific scenario that causes the crash? Can you tell when exactly it crashes?


- Mostly random crashes while driving.
- Also crashes comparable to this description:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23638&start=98
- And sometimes crashes after loosing network connection (but those have been there since 3.0.1), I kind of got used to these :evil: .
- After a crash, Waze crashes immediately after trying to reopen it (sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it to launch again).

So not really anything specific, more a quite general problem.
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am
Location: EUROPE
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:48 am

robin1979 wrote:
perlin wrote:
robin1979 wrote:- Same crashes as with the last 3-4 beta's. Is there anything being done about these? I've not seen a single reaction to this.

Is there a specific scenario that causes the crash? Can you tell when exactly it crashes?


- Mostly random crashes while driving.
- Also crashes comparable to this description:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23638&start=98
- And sometimes crashes after loosing network connection (but those have been there since 3.0.1), I kind of got used to these :evil: .
- After a crash, Waze crashes immediately after trying to reopen it (sometimes it takes 10 tries to get it to launch again).

So not really anything specific, more a quite general problem.

Did you try to remove the app and reinstall to fix it?
Also, is your free disk space is low?
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:51 am

4square in ROW should work now. Please verify.
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:14 am

perlin wrote:4square in ROW should work now. Please verify.


It seems to work fine now.

I'll try upgrade vs install for recovering favourites when I get home.
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2.1 • Waze 4.2
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Lincoln, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby robin1979 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:16 am

perlin wrote:4square in ROW should work now. Please verify.


Works! :D

perlin wrote:
robin1979 wrote:So not really anything specific, more a quite general problem.

Did you try to remove the app and reinstall to fix it?
Also, is your free disk space is low?


Yes, I did try that. I went as far as getting a totally fresh iPhone (a 3GS), same problem persist.

17.6gb available on my main phone (10.8gb used).
On the 3GS there's 28.4gb available (290mb used - only Waze on that phone).
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am
Location: EUROPE
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby robin1979 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:26 am

Perlin,

I started examining debug logs myself, and it seems it has something to do with Waze calls to/from the 'ExternalAccesory' framework.

Robin
MapSquadEurope
Area Manager - Europe
robin1979
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 3032
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:49 am
Location: EUROPE
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 35 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby perlin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:17 pm

Dave2084 wrote:Petrol (Gas) Station Brands list (for UK) in options does not match that in WME and therefore the map.

Will be fixed shortly.
Image
Join Waze. We have cookies..
perlin
Waze Team
Waze Team
 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:42 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby Dave2084 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

perlin wrote:
Dave2084 wrote:Petrol (Gas) Station Brands list (for UK) in options does not match that in WME and therefore the map.

Will be fixed shortly.


There are some things in the UK Brands list that need removing, who should I discuss this with?
iPhone 6S Plus (Jailed) • iOS 9.2.1 • Waze 4.2
Level 6 Editor • Lincolnshire Area Manager • UK Country Administrator • iOS Beta Tester
UK WikiUK ForumWaze UK on FacebookBecome a UK Area ManagerWaze Status
Dave2084
Global Champs Localizers
Global Champs Localizers
 
Posts: 2386
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:58 am
Location: Lincoln, UK
Has thanked: 372 times
Been thanked: 365 times

Re: iOS Beta 3.4.99.26 Feedback thread

Postby AlanOfTheBerg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Red light cameras were alerting at the 500ft mark again today, which is good. (Future plans should include the ability to set alerts or announcements based on time-to-object/turn/location instead of simply distance.)
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Country Manager | iPhone6 - VZ - iOS 9.3.1 | Waze v4.4.9904
AlanOfTheBerg
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
 
Posts: 23436
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:48 pm
Location: US Country Manager - Oregon, USA
Has thanked: 1079 times
Been thanked: 4544 times

PreviousNext

Return to App Beta Testing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users