Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.

Color Coding on Traffic Reports

Post by ccng
Hi, I would like to suggest to used different Color Codes on "Traffic" Reports for "Moderate" for "Yellow" color, "Heavy" for "Orange" Color and "Complete Standstill" for "Red" Color... to be appeared on the Screen for Ease of Reference while Driving. Currently, I need to Press on the "Traffic" Icon in order to understand the status of that road everytime.

Cheers,
CC Ng
Wazer from KL, Malaysia
ccng

POSTER_ID:2304946

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
I think the request is a good one to have the user-generated report pins to be color-coded.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think the request is a good one to have the user-generated report pins to be color-coded.
I thought the icons on the pins were different based on the type of report made (moderate, heavy, standstill), similar to how the accident pins (minor, major) are... Or maybe I'm just crazy...
Based on majority opinion, you are just crazy. :mrgreen:

Or perhaps I am not paying close enough attention.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Odiaz59 wrote:Personally, I would like to see the traffic colors for my route and alternate routes near me.
The roads are already colored as such based on known current conditions. Waze shows traffic flow for way more roads than other providers because they all rely on sensors in pavement. Waze will show a slow down in smaller collector, side streets and neighborhoods. Automatic rerouting is based on this data. Just remember than an alternate route may not always be faster, even with "tribal knowledge" given the amount of time it takes to traverse to a side street and back.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
Waze already does this...

There are two types of traffic indicators in Waze...

1) User generated ones - these are the little pin icons. These don't change the color of the road or effect routing. They are just for notification.

2) Automatically generated ones - these color code the road, drop a pin & effect routing when Waze detects a slow down. You get a pop-up asking if you are in traffic - you should click yes if you are.

Also, make sure you have the Menu->Settings->Advanced->Show on map->Traffic layer (color coded) checked or you won't see the color coded layer.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I think the request is a good one to have the user-generated report pins to be color-coded.
I thought the icons on the pins were different based on the type of report made (moderate, heavy, standstill), similar to how the accident pins (minor, major) are... Or maybe I'm just crazy...
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by CBenson
AndyPoms wrote:I thought the icons on the pins were different based on the type of report made (moderate, heavy, standstill), similar to how the accident pins (minor, major) are... Or maybe I'm just crazy...
The traffic report pins look identical to me on my client regardless of whether the are moderate, heavy or standstill. However, the accident pins also look identical to me regardless of whether accident is labeled accident or major accident.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by ccng
CBenson wrote:
AndyPoms wrote:I thought the icons on the pins were different based on the type of report made (moderate, heavy, standstill), similar to how the accident pins (minor, major) are... Or maybe I'm just crazy...
The traffic report pins look identical to me on my client regardless of whether the are moderate, heavy or standstill. However, the accident pins also look identical to me regardless of whether accident is labeled accident or major accident.
You are Right. The Pins look Identical on "Accident Pins" and on "Police" too. It would be awesome to have a color code on that as well :)
ccng
Send a message

Post by Odiaz59
Personally, I would like to see the traffic colors for my route and alternate routes near me. This will allow me to chose which way to navigate based on my tribal knowledge of the roads and the current condition. This would be a very good feature in urban areas where there are an infinite number of routes. Something similar to the traffic layer on google maps.
Odiaz59
Send a message