Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The native toolbar still shows for me now. Just the search box and Find button.
Probably what's happening here is that waze is preventing the other scripts from loading. This might be random. On my computer it seems to work around it for some reason (maybe my browser cache is kicking in?).
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
NorfolkMustard wrote:Agreed. I had a go at porting it (WME-to-OS) as a separate Safari extention myself for 5 minutes yesterday but couldn't get it running. Would be good if someone could manage to do it.
Heya NorfolkMustard,
I have been successful in getting URO script to run in WazeBar and load in Safari. But before I include it officially, I am waiting on response from Twister_UK to give me permission to use his script. Once he gives the go-ahead, I'll finish integration and release it.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:I did a shift-refresh on both and it hides the waze native toolbar now. sweet. I'm curious how you worked through the multiple/identical results in the search box. If you don't mind posting here or just send me an email.
Cool :) Regarding the search box: instead of recreating the entire search functionality from scratch using my own search box and functions, I "kidnapped" the search box from waze and put it in the WazeBar. :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
I have been getting error reports indicating that WazeBar may be loading before the jQuery is fully loaded. If it appears unresponsive or doesn't show, please reload the page for now. I will try to figure out a way to make sure jQuery has loaded before loading WazeBar.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Patch v0.0.31 contains the following updates:
  • Integration of Twister_UK's UROverview script with the caveat that eventhough the buttons are visible, it won't work in beta.
  • Minor bug-fixes relating to full-screen resizing.
  • Further load-order optimization.
  • Fixed issue where WazeBar would load before jQuery was available.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Interesting! I'm not seeing any error reports, and it seems to load normally in beta. Do you see any errors in the error console? (OPT-CMD-C)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
It looks like the map hasn't loaded either .... how does WazeBar show up once the map is in place? I'm thinking that your page hasn't loaded jQuery yet? At the bottom the the error console, type in "jQuery" without quotes, and see if it gives you something other than "undefined".
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Interesting, once again. You're both right... JQuery is pulled in from an external script that also isn't on the road layer. What safari version are you using? Any other extensions running that might interfere? Getting stumped... I'll reboot my comp to make sure it's not my cache that is still loading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Sorry for the delay in looking into this; I didn't get home last night until around midnight. I have been able to replicate the problem -- I guess it was cached on my end and kept loading. I hope to have this addressed within the next hour. Sorry for the inconvenience.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
I did find a temporary work-around, which I am addressing for an imminent patch:

Open Safari Extension settings: Prefereneces > Extensions > Wazebar.
Make sure that URO is enabled and integrated.
Also make sure that WMECH is enabled and integrated.

There is a use-case that I hand't tested for, causing this issue. It had to do with WazeBar waiting for all required objects to be loaded before moving on, which includes jQuery (hence my initial questions yesterday), WMECH, and URO. I'll be adjusting this check to account for WMECH and URO also being disabled.
mike-bronner
Send a message