how to delete/clear my recent routes?

Post by
Hi,
Can you tell me how to clear / delete the routes that have been assoicated to my account?

I'm talking about the list that shows up under "Navigate->History" I can't seem to find a way through the iphone client, or through the web site.

Thanks!

POSTER_ID:5085841

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
usa_wav5opcp wrote:
mpimsler wrote:The method shown by Waze, which says to select a destination from the history list, does not not work. On my phone (iPhone) this action does not go to a preview screen which includes the remove option, but rather goes directly to route calculation. I am apparently using the most recent version of Waze, per the Apps Store. Any suggestions, short of deleting the app altogether?
What you do (iPhone) is to touch the icon to the right of the item you want to remove for about 2 secs then slide your finger over to the left AMF let go. The remove option then shows up.
The little (i) has a very small tapable area. It is rather difficult to tap it and not have it start a route, but if you do tap it right on the (i) it will go the Preview screen from which you can remove it.

Why we can't swipe delete like we can favorites... I don't know.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by alaugt
usa_q92mfjwi wrote:Sorry to jump into an old thread, but I don't have an arrow on the right side. I have an exclamation point inside a circle. Is there another way to clear recent history?
Same problem here. When I go to "Navigate", I see a list of recent destinations that cannot be removed by choosing the exclamation point. I can only remove favorite destinations (Navigate -> Favorites -> Exclamation mark on any destination). There should be an option to clear whole list of recent destinations (not favorites).
alaugt
Send a message

Post by cam69ss
Same problem here. No option to delete recent destinations and the Waze help function is incorrect on the exclamation point and an option to select Remove. Please WAZE, fix this big problem and give Android users the option to delete recent destinations and not just Favorites.
cam69ss
Send a message

Post by CBenson
I don't believe that you can currently delete items from your history. What phone are you using? For at least the current Android version this has been acknowledged as a bug. http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 86#p383986
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CBenson
In the Android 3.6 version that only happens for your favorites. For your historical routes when you tap the exclamation point in the circle, the options are "More," "Add" and "Go."
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by gettingthere
If you are concerned about the amount of detail being captured when you use Waze you can use anonymous mode. If that is still not adequate, Waze likely isn't for you.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by HMiddleton2015
cam69ss wrote:Same problem here. No option to delete recent destinations and the Waze help function is incorrect on the exclamation point and an option to select Remove. Please WAZE, fix this big problem and give Android users the option to delete recent destinations and not just Favorites.
HMiddleton2015
Send a message

Post by HMiddleton2015
To clear your recent routes and not your favorites go to your account sign out and log back in all your routes cleared and you will still have your favorites and your saved planned trips if you use this option.
HMiddleton2015
Send a message

Post by Ioldanach
I understand the routes taken are what waze uses to make it what it is, but if I drive in anonymous mode the routes are still saved (of course). Why not allow routes to be disconnected from an account and dropped into the anonymous bucket by allowing a person to delete them from their history?
Ioldanach
Send a message

Post by kaeoboy
On the version of the client on the iPhone that I have (3.6.0.0), it is the exclamation point in a circle. When you tap that, the next window you get is one that should give you the "more" "delete" or "go" option at the bottom.
kaeoboy
Send a message