Maybe I Should Go Back to Garmin?

Post by I-hate-traffic
Guys - Your System Isn't Working. It used to work fine but no more! I started keeping a spread sheet because I knew I was missing points.

Waze claims problems were fixed up to 10-14 but I drove 230+ miles the week of 10-8 and I was only credited for 57 miles.

This week I'm being credited about 1 mile for every 5 I'm driving.

Waze used to be fun but I'm thinking of going back to Garmin.
I-hate-traffic

POSTER_ID:6691536

Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Sold or crushed, one of the two :-(

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Hmm I think I'll be ok. Could be quite fun hearing her screaming turn left, turn right on unmapped roads as she is squashed to her death ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by floppyrod84
Sadly there's not.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
floppyrod84
Send a message

Post by Froggypwns
Yea Waze has been a bit iffy with getting everything processed in a timely fashion lately. I just finished a 2000+ mile trip, only a small chuck of the places I've been are showing in WME at the moment. A few weeks ago Waze took about a week to display all my drives from a 400 mile trip, it doesn't have any rhyme or reason as to why some of the legs of my journeys show up faster than others, as sometimes it was the shorter trips that are being delayed rather than the longer parts.

Either way, the drives and points do eventually show up, just not always as fast as one would like.
Froggypwns
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by Gidian
Yeah, go back to Garmin. Their point system is much better than wazes..
Gidian
Send a message

Post by harling
I doubt the points are lost. More likely, some of your drives have not been processed yet--especially if they are long drives.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by harling
A general remark, not directed at the most recent poster to this thread, or to anyone in particular:

I don't see any reason to respond to posts like this as though they were personal affronts. The OP is frustrated about points not being posted, and probably doesn't understand the processing (and delay therefrom) that has to take place before driving points are logged. Once the next revision of the WME is released, we will all be able to see when our drives are recorded, and people will have some more insight into how the whole thing works; until then, most new Wazers are in the dark, which can be frustrating. There's no need to alienate anyone over that.
harling
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/a/ad/W ... os-sig.png
Area Manager, Eastern MA & Southern NH. Country Manager, USA.

Post by I-hate-traffic
harling wrote:I doubt the points are lost. More likely, some of your drives have not been processed yet--especially if they are long drives.
Thanks, a 93 mile trip taken on October 11 and the return trip taken on October 13 has never posted. Most of the miles driven while out of town are missing too. Of about 250 miles driven that weekend Waze credited me with 59 miles.

I track and expense most of my miles. Last week I expensed 362 miles plus another 50+/- personal miles. Waze did credit me each day but at a reduced rate. Of 412 miles driven last week I was credited for 261.

Then yesterday I drove 65 miles and was credited with 122 miles.

Miles are credited so sporadic with errors over a long period of time I wonder if Waze is seeing the problem?
I-hate-traffic
Send a message

Post by I-hate-traffic
Seems like the miles reported issue was better, maybe fixed for a week. Then it started to fail again yesterday.

A question to Waze: Is there an end in sight to unreported miles or is this just the Waze it is?
I-hate-traffic
Send a message