Post by jrbdmb
I don't know if the "7 days backlog" is still accurate or not, but I have longer drives much older than that (one in particular from about three weeks ago) that have never shown up. Meanwhile recent shorter drives in my local area are being logged.

Edit - Most recent Waze status claims that "Points in the NA server haven't updated today. They are currently updated as of yesterday (October 17)." Is this the same as drives getting updated? If so, that means that not one of my drives over 5 miles or so has been logged by Waze. Getting frustrating. :evil:
jrbdmb
Send a message

Post by jwkilgore
I'm glad others are having problems... last week I drove about 1200 miles with Waze active, quite a bit of it to new areas, but most of the new areas are still blocked to editing. Most, but not all. Random circles or ovals of editable area are available. :?

That is, when the editor is actually up and running. As of right now, and for 4 of the last 6 times I've checked at various times over the past 3 days, the editor has been "Temporarily down for maintenance. We will be back shortly." :cry: :(

Is the editor being down related to the big update?

[UPDATE] I finally noticed a pattern with the random blobs of editable areas. It's where I stopped and/or started the Waze app, plus a few miles before I stopped or after I started. I don't know if it was stopping or starting that triggered it. Where I was just driving along I still can't edit.
jwkilgore
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by jwkilgore
glosapp wrote:My patience is running thin with Waze lately. Over the past week, I've driven over 500 miles and more specifically, I left Waze on so I could open more areas of my map. What you guys probably don't realize is that this uses data on my phone's plan AND my time to drive out to these areas. Let's not forget the cost of gas these days. The unfortunate event is that Waze isn't recording all my routes. Especially the really long ones. I had a recent one from NJ to PA and that hasn't shown up. I had another one over a week ago that just won't appear and remove the blocked areas in the center of the map that I wanted to fix. (NOTE: I specifically went out of my way to drive that direction just to open the map, only to find out the route was never recorded on your servers)

I've driven a ton of miles today alone and I am suspecting that it's probably not going to show up again. I'm planning to drive to MD this week, but again, I'll assume nothing will change.

Am I thankful that the app works and redirects me around traffic? Sure. Am I grateful that it's free - sure. But you need to fix your tracking abilities because I'm done driving around town wastefully burning gas and my time to not have them tracked. It's frustrating and annoying. I've already put in a request to have my area opened up (AM), but my request went ignored.
If you're driving around just to open up new areas to edit you're just wasting gas. Send a request to be an Area Manager [LINK]. I don't believe there is any specific level of editing experience necessary (I opened my first AM zone with a measly 10k edits under my belt), but I could be wrong there. I'm not aware of any max limit for AM zones. I'm AM in portions of 3 states covering hundreds of square miles.
jwkilgore
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/7/76/W ... 00k_4c.png
Jason Kilgore
iPhone 5c
Area Manager: Mississippi and Tennessee

Post by Kuhlkatz
This was noted in another thread as well.
Look at https://world.waze.com/forum/viewtopic. ... es#p256249.

They should come through at some point.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by lennoxlennox
for the last week or so, i've not received any points update on my iphone or online here, in fact my points are less online than on my device
lennoxlennox
Send a message

Post by lguerrero
Same problem here, my points are not increasing, at first I thought it was an OS related issue but i reinstalled everything from scratch 1 month ago and it still doesn´t work, i cant edit or construct roads either.
lguerrero
Send a message

Post by lordkaosu
I am having a problem with the Waze app. I have not gotten new driving routes or points updated in at least a week or 2. I am unable to edit roads I have driven, the editor greys it all out. My points have not moved even after driving hundreds of miles and submitting many reports.

The app and online dashboard both show no updates. The status page has no info about this. Any ideas what I should try?

I am running Waze on a GSM Galaxy Nexus, stock.
lordkaosu
Send a message

Post by mattlach
Anyone else experiencing this?

After the longest drive I've taken since singing up for Wave (~250 miles) I was excited to see ho my points ranked me up, but there has been no update on my account for two days, and clicking on the "status" link just times out, so I can't see if there is an issue with the server or not.

Anyone else having this problem? Is the server down?
mattlach
Send a message

I had 3 iPhones in a row. (original > 3G > 4) NEVER AGAIN!

Post by mattlach
daknife wrote:Status page is now working again and they do have a status posted stating that there is a delay in posting recent drives and points are also delayed due to this issue.

Yep, saw this, status page is back up.

They posted on Oct 4th, that there would be a 3-4 day delay.

That was 5 days ago, I still don't have any updates since the 5th :p
mattlach
Send a message

Post by mattlach
So mine seems to have updated through Saturday Oct 6th now.

I'm certainly hoping its just catching up, and this isn't all its planning on updating for the missing period.

I drove almost 300 miles on Sunday.

I know the points really don't matter, but I still somehow can't help but get sucked into caring about them...
mattlach
Send a message