from NJ to Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel)

Moderator: Unholy

Re: from NJ to Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel)

Postby nbromber » Sun May 26, 2013 12:44 pm

This happens every day - Lincoln Tunnel ETAs are understated by at least 15 and sometimes as much as 45 minutes. Even with the GPS reception out in the tunnel, Waze should be able to calculate the entry time and exit time (and of course distance) to get a more accurate ETA and better routing decisions for those of us who are between the Lincoln Tunnel and GWB.

I assume this is not something that can be fixed by the map editor...how do we correct this?
nbromber

Re: from NJ to Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel)

Postby WeeeZer14 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:36 pm

Much of the issue is probably the tunnel itself. There is usually no GPS reception while in a tunnel, so Waze has no idea what is going on in the tunnel. You'd think they'd be able to figure it out since there are no exits in the tunnel (unlike some tunnels in say Boston), but tunnels are an issue for Waze so far.
iPhone 5s (AT&T) • iOS 7.0.3 • Waze 3.7.6.0
✰ Mega Driver ✰ Mega Mapper ✰ 1M Points ✰
Country Manager: USA • Regional Coordinator: USA South Atlantic (KY, TN, NC, SC)
Navigation/Routing ExpertForum Moderator
WeeeZer14
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs

from NJ to Manhattan (Lincoln Tunnel)

Postby zbelko » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:13 pm

It seems like whenever Waze tries to route me thru the Lincoln Tunnel to go back to Manhattan on my way back from parsippany, NJ, the ETA is WAY OFF! sometimes it takes me 30 minutes more than the initial ETA, and I am sure that if I take the GWB as usual, it would take me less time.
It is weird, because there's a LOT of users who are stuck in the lincoln tunnel Traffic (I can see them, and talk to them... when you are stuc, it's easy to chit-chat), so I don't undestant why Waze doesn't calculate a better ETA...
zbelko

Return to Navigation & Routing