If you think you've found a bug on the website which isn't specifically an App or Map Editor problem, or have a request for new or modified feature of the Community, Forums, or Waze website, use this forum.
Post by Kuhlkatz
xteejx wrote:I'm just saying. Anyone needing to see the police icon or alert on waze is obviously a bad driver. Why else would anyone care unless they were speeding or driving without a licence, insurance or tax?
Too many idiots on the road these days, I'd hate to see waze being used to help those people who decide to flout the law.

Just my opinion.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
Then they might as well get rid of the police warning altogether.

There is also big difference between driving fast and driving like a dick. People hogging 'fast lanes' at way below the actual speed limit are greater causes of accidents as they tend to merrily chug along and piss off everyone else around them, causing irritation and huge aggravation for others, and forcing other drivers to take risks to get around them.

The no. 1 rule in most countries is to drive on the [left/right] hand of the road. Overtake or pass on the [right/left] hand of the road, i.e. the opposite side. This same rule ALSO applies to muti-laned roads... Everywhere.
If you are in in the faster lane and you are NOT overtaking someone, you are likely wasting the time of the people behind you. If you are traveling at the same speed (below the limit) as people in slower lanes, you have no reason to be in the faster lane.

If you are not in my way, and drive where you are supposed to, I promise not to hit your car. But then you should also use your rear view mirrors AND signal before you change lanes or turn. I might as well add the bit about watching other cars around you and presume that everyone around you is an idiot in disguise. That way you are prepared. Basic stuff, you know.

You take care of applying rule #1 first, and THEN you can start complaining about the rest of the rules.
/rant

Like I said, people not in the drug-smuggling / gun-running business don't really care about police alerts...

Just my opinion.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius
AM : Centurion & Sandton, ZA
CM & Coordinator, South Africa
(HTC One, Android 5.0.2, v7.19.401.51)
[img]https:///DwNb3R[/img]
South African Wiki Waze Wiki Map Editing

Post by Kuhlkatz
xteejx wrote: Old people ...
Women drivers (generally).
I did not want to open that can of worms.. If my wife read that, she might just hurt me (again).
xteejx wrote:I must admit I do find it funny when a copper is doing 60 on a motorway and no one overtakes.
This is as hilarious as it's frustrating, as you now have to deal with the cop AND the 'person' that should actually overtake. When passing any of the 2, waving with anything less than 5 extended fingers is NOT recommended ;)
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Add these points to favorites using touch & hold. They should maybe allow categories in favorites rather.

Typos courtesy of SlideIT. Posts courtesy of Tapatalk. The waffling is my own doing.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
Not abilities I'd like to see, but abilities I'd like to see DISAPPEAR from the client are the 'Pave' and 'Camera' functions.

With the ability to pave roads directly from the WME client, I think the client pave ability has now outlived it's useful purpose and is just an annoyance to serious editors in general.
It seems like every Tom, Dick and Harry and possibly one or two others, are driving around with this 'feature' on full-time.

100's of cameras appear bunched on top of one another in places where speed traps frequently occur. There are even cameras in the middle of high density housing areas where walking fast is virtually impossible, let alone driving.
There are no intersections within 100 sea miles where most red-light cameras are plonked down, so either they do not physically exist or the Town Planning councils or the Traffic Departments are wasting plenty of my tax money on erecting the so-called cameras there.

If adding cameras is moved to WME where it belongs, there would be no need to confirm anything and no need to delete tons more. Users can log new cameras they want added as a normal UR.

I'd guesstimate that about 5-10% of my edit points are from deleting tons of useless red patches in the middle of nowhere, and 100's of cameras I know for a fact cannot logically exist in that location, whether I know the area or not.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
I have minimally paved roads using the pave function, and are reluctant to turn it on to test, but can someone in the know confirm if the option is switched off when the client is switched off, or does it persist across sessions?
If it is that useful to some, I'd at least expect it not to persist after exiting the app.

It's just a waste of time from my perspective to constantly have to clean up other peoples crap when it does not contribute positively to areas we manage.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
AndyPoms wrote:If you tap and hold you can then save your current location as a favorite...
I personally hate this idea.
Tap and hold with your finger covering any side of 2 or 3 city blocks is about to as effective as trying to shoot a fly at 100m while just loosely aiming down the barrel of the gun, especially since you cannot move the pin that's placed.
Adding a function to use current coords at the press of a button is definitely not rocket science and is basic functionality of any other GPS.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
AlanOfTheBerg wrote: Is your finger 2/3 the screen width? :D You can zoom in enough to select a specific point along a standard city block.
Probably 'slightly' exaggerated, but try and put it exactly on your location if you show your gps marker as well. If it's not spot on, it's not good enough.
I'm afraid my OCD kicks in if I can not get it spot-on. Sort of like editing maps....
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by Kuhlkatz
GizmoGuy411 wrote: OCD?? I'm sure you are the only with that here!
Shhhhhhh...... That was supposed to be my trump card.
Tantrums & hissy fits doesn't work here, but some OCD sure goes a loooooong way. ;-)

P.s. I still hate tap & hold for my current POI.
Kuhlkatz
Waze Local Champs
Waze Local Champs
Send a message
Carel Cornelius

Post by LinoVeiga
I would like to see the voice icon in the search changed to a search icon, this way when I want to enter search data, it goes to my keyboard that has voice input without asking me what I want to use to record.
Also if I paste my search criteria into the search box, then I would just press search, now I have to paste, then click on the text to open my keyboard, then press enter.
This program need many repairs, and it seams that they are not happening, it is rear to see an update to Waze.
What are they doing, giving up on this program, hoping to sell it.
LinoVeiga
Send a message

Post by mchaves
Most important first:

1. Faster traffic jam identification - currently it takes too much time for Waze to ask me if there is a problem when I'm driving very slowly in a usually fast road segment. It seems that several bumper to bumper situations are not recognized at all.
2. Cache reports until network is available - if I "try again later" to report something, I'll be far from that event.
3. Fix the "uh-oh" errors when entering valid gas prices.
4. Mute Waze when I receive a call.
5. Notifications on my route only.
mchaves
Send a message