Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

navigation question.

Post by muzzy23
Just load this app on my Iphone. Tried to set a favorite in fl while home in NY. Waze could not find the address or city in fl. Is this a communiting only app? do I have a distance limitation or is it because i'm classified as a baby. ANy help would be appreciated.

ThANKS
muzzy23

POSTER_ID:11779423

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
You will need to set up an intermediate location. You're probably not going to do 1500 miles without stopping, so just set a favorite to the hotel or house you'll be staying each evening and just navigate to each of those in turn.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
muzzy23 wrote:Thanks for the tips, would have liked to put start and end points without a distance limit.
When Waze feels they've done all they can with local/commuting, going for the general purpose/long-distance nav market, I am sure we will be able to.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by Bigbear3764
1000 miles is about the limit for searching/ navigating.

When you put in your address, what comes up?

Along the bottom of screen is a bar showing what search engine you are using. Bing is default in NA. Try hitting that bar to get to google, yelp, yellow pages, etc to see if they find it.

Or wait till you get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigbear3764
Country Manager
Country Manager
Send a message

Post by muzzy23
Yea tried the different search engines. but your answer regarding the 1000 mi is probably the problem, i'm about 1500 mi away looking to get back there.

Thanks
muzzy23
Send a message

Post by muzzy23
Thanks for the tips, would have liked to put start and end points without a distance limit.
muzzy23
Send a message