Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
The place to get information and ask questions about everything to do with properly and successfully editing the Waze Map.

Use this forum for all general editing questions, and the sub-forums for specific types of Waze Map Editor features.
Post by mike-bronner
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:Mike, would you mind adding the Safari extension info and link under appropriate section of the Community Plugins wiki page?
Done :)
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Thanks for the update, Tim! :)

WME Color Highlights for Safari has been updated with Tim's version 1.3. Version 0.1.2 hadn't been set up yet to allow for automatic updates, but it should work going forward.

You can download the latest version here:
http://www.rocking-mm.com/WmeColorHighl ... safariextz

Please let me know if you have any issues.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:Click on a node, and you'll see colours explained in the side...
I might be doing something wrong, but selecting a segment or a node doesn't seem to show these additional descriptions -- I don't see any JS errors (on my part) that would prevent this from happening either.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Interesting, works for me now as well ... not sure what I did, I know I reloaded a few times. Will keep an eye on it.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Hi Tim, would an additional checkbox to disable or enable the turn-highlighting functionality be something that is easily doable? In most cases they are extremely helpful, but there are times when one would want to turn off highlighting.

~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Cougar gave me permission to run with the idea ... I'll add it to the WazeBar shortly. Thanks zCougar!
Of course, if you want to add this, timbones, I didn't mean to take it away from you.
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:Here's yet another new version for you!

v1.4.1
- checkbox for showing highlighted turns when selecting a node or segment
- display turn warnings in edit panel for selected segment
- display average speed for selected segments (code by bgodette)
- suppress no name highlights from roundabouts and non-Streets
- suppress highlights from unterminated roads which are very short (<10m)
- fixed many bugs for improved robustness and compatibility

> http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/141050 :geek:

Updated: be sure to get the latest version from the link above
Excellent, Tim. I'll get WazeBar updated ASAP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Hi Tim,

Forgive me if the has been asked and answered already: would it be possible to add a highlight selector for states? I am editing in one of those states that have been thoroughly mixed up with a neighboring state, and would love to highlight out all the errant state segments.

Thanks!
~Mike
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
CrackedLCD wrote: Waze obviously knows where the state lines are drawn, because if we edit these incorrect segments and don't change the state, it throws an error.
I know .... That's what I find it quite irksome that they don't address this. I have reported this issue since I started editing, probably over a year ago.
I have come up with a patch for Tim's script that will allow highlighting of states, and have been using it this evening quite successfully, so the good news is hat it's definitely doable. I have submitted it to Tim in the hopes that he might include it in the next release. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
mike-bronner
Send a message

Post by mike-bronner
Timbones wrote:PS: I also notice that each state object has a geometry. Any ideas what we can do with it?
Would there be a way to determine if a segment within said geometry belongs to a different state, or in other words is outside of the geometry of the state it belongs to? If we could check that and highlight for states, and do the same check for countries as well, we could potentially just need a single option to check without any drop-downs which would highlight all errant segments.
We could even take that a step further if the cities have a geometry, and highlight segments that are outside of city boundaries. :shock: :idea:
mike-bronner
Send a message