These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
invented wrote:Also, a vote to open up the beta testing to more than a select few.
That is restricted by Apple.
Restricted to 100 per developer account.
Yep, and they have been full for a long time. I believe how often the list testing devices can be changed is also restricted. That's what we've been told.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
danshev wrote: Sidenote: I would have liked to see some more substantive changes to the app ... I don't mind the new interface polishes, but where are the simple (but useful!!) changes like the ability to mark a hazard/police in BOTH lanes?
This change is neither simple nor something which can be fixed with just an app update.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
This is really interesting and troubling. I tested the betas repeatedly on an iPhone4 with 5.1.1 with no issues nearly as serious as these.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:Why was the decision made to remove the thumbs up from the 'thanks' button? It made it instantly recognizable.
That is country-specific, but generally, thumbs up is acceptable worldwide. Iran is one place it is NOT acceptable. I would rather it had remained as it was a much smaller button.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
ryryryry87 wrote:I have avoid tolls turned on, but if i choose alternate routes, it still lists toll options (with new update, it will say it is a toll route in list view). The old version did not let me know, so thank you for telling me!
That is currently working as designed and has been publicized before. Primary route will not have a toll road if you have "avoid toll roads" turned on, but alternate routes may have toll roads. It is planned to give more granular maybe trinary control such as "never use (never include in any routes", "avoid (can be included in alt routes)" and "use."
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:
ryryryry87 wrote:ok, that is fine. then why does this not display "Toll" on the toll route in Map view? This must be a bug or just overlooked?!?
Can you provide a permalink to the route that shows "Toll"?
The routes list shows toll, but I do not believe this was added to the map view of alternate routes. I don't have tolls in my area, so I can't easily check.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
o4qksoaq wrote:is there any KNOWN problem w/ jailbroken devs?
on the record, reinstalling / running in safe mode doesn't resolve the crash on launch
I tested the betas on iPhone4 w/ jb 5.1.1 with no issues. Maybe something got changed between the last beta and release which is causing the issues. I am also running 3.5 on iPhone5/iOS6 now with no crashing issues either, which seems to be in the minority.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
jasonh300 wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:The routes list shows toll, but I do not believe this was added to the map view of alternate routes. I don't have tolls in my area, so I can't easily check.
I can't duplicate this but I'm curious to see if the word "(Toll)" is in the segment naming for the section of road in question.
I think that's besides the point that the map view of alternate routes should show which of the routes includes a Toll road. A lot of toll roads do not have (Toll) in the name in the US, per the decision made in the tolls thread, and so that graphical view of the routes should, somewhere, show the word Toll just like the list view does.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
o4qksoaq wrote:could I give a try to one of the betas somehow?
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 61#p277661
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:Where did the Data Compression option go? Why was that deemed unimportant?
I never paid attention to the actual usage of data, but my hope was (I never asked) that it is on by default. It appears that was a bad hope/assumption.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message