These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by alenansk
perlin wrote: Scrolling menu- the main menu will always be scrollable in navigation mode, since extra buttons are added (stopping the navigation, muting, etc.). We decided it will also be scrollable when not in navigation mode, as we want the two states to be unified. This way the shut-down button is always in the same place, users (especially newbie) won't be exposed to too many buttons (and get confused) and the less important buttons will stay hidden.
but you understant that when the phone is on its support on windscreen (about 30 cm from me), when i running 130 km/h on a highspeed road and i understand what my day-mode is too bright for the evening with black thunderstorm's clouds around, and i urgently need to switch manually to night mode (or in any other case to have any other neccessity to go to menu), i can't do this?
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0

Post by alenansk
dmcconachie wrote:
alenansk wrote:
perlin wrote: Scrolling menu- the main menu will always be scrollable in navigation mode, since extra buttons are added (stopping the navigation, muting, etc.). We decided it will also be scrollable when not in navigation mode, as we want the two states to be unified. This way the shut-down button is always in the same place, users (especially newbie) won't be exposed to too many buttons (and get confused) and the less important buttons will stay hidden.
but you understant that when the phone is on its support on windscreen (about 30 cm from me), when i running 130 km/h on a highspeed road and i understand what my day-mode is too bright for the evening with black thunderstorm's clouds around, and i urgently need to switch manually to night mode (or in any other case to have any other neccessity to go to menu), i can't do this?
If you're driving so fast that a couple of taps would put your safety at risk then I'd suggest you're driving too fast for a single tap too.
indeed..to tap and to scroll there is a big difference

and it's just really stupid when you need to scroll the small menu box while you have all the possibilities to get it big and fit the screen :(
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0

Post by alenansk
i fully agree that waze is a social
but why waze doesn't develop its own social?

why i can have only facebook friends and i can't have waze friends?
what is the real meaning of waze groups? what is the benefit or a sense to partecipate??

sorry this is what i can't understand ...
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0

Post by alenansk
today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0

Post by alenansk
alenansk wrote:today i completely reset my phone (factory reset)
after reinstall waze, i don't have anymore menu with "level of guidance" and i have only 2 languages for voice istructions - english and italian
just a problem - my waze is in russian and i would like to have instructions also in russian.. is it possible?? till today it was possible :(
ok..find.... now "level of guidance" is in AUDIO settings???
for me is strange... must be back to navigation settings ?
alenansk
Send a message
YotaPhone2
Android 5.0

Post by amiga6
Yeeah great!

Install without prob :-)
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by amiga6
It flashes every time I go back to the map. Logs are sent 23:01(Swedish local time).
It´s not all that has been translated into Swedish.
Otherwise it is a stable version.
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message
I'm using Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Android 13 Swedish and the latest (beta) Waze version.

Post by amiga6
The screen was blank several times yesterday morning (10:15 to 11:00 Swedish time) and early this morning (4:35 to 05:00).
I have also had problems with reporting in gasoline prices, as I have not found the gas station as I was next. Logs sent recently (39 files).
amiga6
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by anonymous0816
Since the upgrade the waze icon in the Android pull down status bar is almost invisible on my device.
The icon and the bar both are of quite the same bright grey color.
A solution could be a bi-color design that has at least some kind of contrast in itself even if background transparency is used.

Thank You.
anonymous0816
Send a message

Post by argus-cronos
Hello Perlin ;)
German Translation

i hope "you are nearing your destination" did make it into TTS now ;)

All about Nickname is mostly not translated.

Sentences didn't make it to the client.
You'll also see where I am, and watch in real time as I arrive
Refresh map of my area (Don't know how much this will be changed in the future or has been changend in the past :evil: )

sentence which is not in transifex
How to edit the map

changed sentences:
Send pick up request
Just double-checking
Email address
See friends, control how you're displayed, and view your inbox, coupons, driving stats, and more.
I want to pick you up. Send me your location with Waze.

...and a few more, please check transifex, thanxs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Other things:

If i tap on the Waze Pick up item in phone's notifications, the screen turns around 180° and no way to change back on Samsung Galaxy tab 10.1

Maybe there was never one over here, but the first time i see "world_5ju34" users on the client-map...
Screenshot_2012-10-31-17-45-b16.png
(314.13 KiB) Downloaded 1223 times
regards
Argus
argus-cronos
Send a message