Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Client "PAVE" not clearing

Post by Trakr
1) I Paved a new road which worked fine.
2) I edited the new road (2 way street) and made all the junctions correct and named it.
3) How long does it stay a RED line with black arrows pointing the direction I drove on the Client? It has been about 4 weeks since I Paved the road.
4) I drove the road and it shows on the Client under the Red Pave line so I verified the road.
5) Do I need to pave it the other direction?
6) Do I need to drive it the direction I paved it as I drove it the opposite direction?
7) I have 'Refreshed map of my area' under Settings>Advanced>Data transfer>Refresh map of my area, with that road showing on the screen.
7) I want to 'Pave' a new apartment complex that is just woods now and there is a Map Issue showing in the Editor to fix. I just don't want RED Pave lines all over in the Client if they don't clear. It has been over a month since I did the Pave.
8) I am using a Iphone 4.

Anything about the time frame to clear the client or how to clear the pave lines would be appreciated?
Trakr

POSTER_ID:10549570

Send a message
Last edited by Trakr on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tampa, FL area, AM Level 4

Post by CBenson
I don't pave, but I have read reports here before that reinstalling does clear the pave. So I'm guessing that the upgrade just cleared the pave.
CBenson
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Regional Coordinator: Mid-Atlantic, US
Verizon, Nexus 6, Android 6.0.1, Waze 4.7.0.902

Post by CrackedLCD
Pave is definitely a useful feature when roads are being created faster than the satellite or GPS layers are updated. I've got close to nine miles of paved roads showing up on my Dashboard.

And like the OP, they never disappeared until Waze was updated. And paved roads since updating are still showing up even though it's been weeks. I think I topped out at 2.5 months with the paved roads showing up before the latest Waze for Android was released.

Since it's strictly a cosmetic issue on the client's end, I don't think the Waze folks are considering it a priority to be fixed.
CrackedLCD
Area Manager
Area Manager
Send a message

Post by DanD36
I am also having this issue. Paved road, edited (actually, created the NEW road) in the Editor. This was all more than three weeks ago. The road I paved is still red and annoying. The other road is showing up correctly underneath it. (I even pac manned my own road I created.)
Thanks,
Dan
DanD36
Send a message

Post by DanD36
Thanks for the info.

But from what I gather here, I need to either update WAZE client (if there IS an update), or uninstall, then reinstall WAZE on my phone to get the paved road to finally clear out?

If this is true, then this is an issue that needs fixed. Once the paved part is deleted using the map editor online, then that updated needs to be pushed out to the clients.

Thanks.
Dan
DanD36
Send a message

Post by DanD36
Since I've discovered the WME, I have no need to "pave" anymore. So, no more paving for me.

Thanks everyone for the information on the issue. I think I've finally got it fixed now. (The clearing of the cache and map data on the client fixed it.)
DanD36
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
The paves eventually go away without a reinstall, but it can take a very long time

I would advise against using the pace function at all. Lately, paved roads haven't been showing up on the client, even after they've been in the editor for several update cycles. Support is looking at the issu but there has been no resolution as of yet.

If you want to get a road into the editor that you've driven, pull up your drives in the editor and trace your route manually.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by mwburn
When you edit the road (like changing it to two way), your also need to edit the "address" and fill in that data. If either the name or city are empty and the "no" check box isn't checked, it will remain red.
mwburn
Send a message
I'd be ranked higher if I drove more than 5 miles to work. :-(
But I only have to drive 5 miles to work. :-)

https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by TheDane
I have found that the issue as far as i can tell appears when paving a road that has not yet made it to the client (and therefore seems to not exist) but actually does exist in WME.

I have also heard reinstalling works - but on a Android device there is also the option to simply clear Waze's application cache. From the Phones (not Wazes) "homescreen" go to application mangement (tap Menu, Manage Apps i believe - my UI is in Danish :) ), find the Waze app, Tap the Clear Cache button. That worked for me.

The next time you start Waze it will initialize like on the first use and of you will need to enter your username and password to log in again plus reset any options from default values.
This method is simply quicker and saves you having to find Waze again in the store and possibly download over a slow connection that you may even be paying to use.

Sorry to say I have no clue if iPhones have a similar option.

PS May I suggest waiting a while after the last drive (exit and restart Waze), especially if the last drive was done in bad network conditions, before performing the action - just to make sure that any locally stored data has been sent to the Waze servers...

Regards
TheDane
TheDane
Send a message

Post by TheDane
Hrmm...

As far as I am concerned Pave still has its use - namely when you are, well paving, in an area with bad or outdated sattelite images...

I find that the driven track record is not nearly as accurate as the pave function. Not a problem with good imagery - but certainly a problem when images have not been updated and when recent GPS tracks are scattered all over the place and not showing the roads actual geometry...

Like in this example:
https://world.waze.com/editor/?zoom=6&l ... TTTTTTTTFT

I have not personally had problems with paved roads not turning up in the klient - but I have had problems with paved road not turning up in WME when the klient crashed during or just after a pave.
TheDane
Send a message