These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by assasukasse
nice update
it seems stable on my XT615
still has the annoying problem of having to manually close the popus for speed traps and traffic light cameras or the navigation hangs..
no matter how good the look is now, having to remove my hand from the steering wheel to close the popups is a unsafe annoyance, therefore I will stick to my 1 star review on play...
its a good job, looks nice, but those bugs are simply unacceptable
assasukasse
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Works like previous beta
Will test more and more
autourdupc
Send a message
France - French - Galaxy S3 - Android Version 4.1.2 - Stock ROM
Translator for french language - "Localization expert"

Post by autourdupc
Tested on my device and do not have this issue. ..
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Maybe the main menu could have tabs instead of scrolling. ... That is just an idea !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
When Waze runs in background, it ignores the alerts.
In the past, I was using "ABE radards" available on market.
ABE was able to run in background AND detects alerts !
I think you can do a better job on this :lol:
I also found :
1) All texts are not translated (and not available into transifex) See picture for 1 example
2) Unable to access gas station in France... Is functionnality available and working for France ? See picture
3) Unable to send reports when no network (but still receive pop-up) : Waze should be able to store the report and send it later
4) Have always the same pop-up when starting Waze (that where not existing before .125 beta)
5) Still get reports outside radius defined in settings (this is a boring issue, isn't it ?)
6) When stopped, we get reports opening. No highlight of the attached event on the map for the pop-up so we can't localize the event on the map --> unusable when driving
It would be great if we could have the same localization on the map like for speed camera.
7) When "thanks" a pop-up report, still have a delay to close it. It would be great if it could close immediately the pop-up alert.
8) When "thank" or close a pop-up report, it would be great if Waze could store the information that we close or thank it, so it won't pop-up anymore till we start Waze again.
8) The localization of a speed camera is a blue design on the map. Can it be red ?
(in night mode, blue is not visible on blue background)
9) Can we have a setting for speed camera that permits a TTS voice not depending on the speed ?
(this setting could be : Enable everytime speed camera TTS alerts yes/no)
10) Still have zoom issue when in manual zoom. Drive with zoom in maximum. After a while (20 minutes driving in a city) zoom level has changed ! (still boring since the first day !)

Hope this will be read, understood and applyed ! ;) ;)
Screenshot_2012-10-31-18-04-28.png
(97.42 KiB) Downloaded 741 times
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
perlin wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:All texts are not translated (and not available into transifex) See picture for 1 example
As mentioned before- send translation issues to Orit (translations@waze.com).
Autourdupc wrote:Have always the same pop-up when starting Waze (that where not existing before .125 beta)
What popup?
Autourdupc wrote:Still get reports outside radius defined in settings (this is a boring issue, isn't it ?)
As mentioned before- we are aware of this problem.
TRANSLATION :
--> Already sent to Orit !

POP-UP :
--> See http://es.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 30#p275847
--> One said it is a very old bug...

RADIUS :
--> Very old bug... Should already be fixed before including FB and other social connections !
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.
This could be enabled / disabled by a setting.

Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.

I think it is not a very hard work to insert a test condition (this test condition already exists on speed).

I think that devs are spending most of their time on social stuffs not so usefull, and do not work on most usefull functionnalities requested for a very long time now.
We can understand your strategy, but you also should understand the needs of the users...
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by autourdupc
mssusa wrote:
Autourdupc wrote:Hi Perlin.

We (I say "we" because we are many users) would like the possibility to get a TTS alert on speed camera EVEN if we are below the speed limit.
This could be enabled / disabled by a setting.

Actually, some of area managers use to put the speed limit to 10 km/h on speed cameras, this permits to get a TTS alert for everyone.

I think it is not a very hard work to insert a test condition (this test condition already exists on speed).
I like this idea. I've always wanted to get an alert if I'm 3~5km/h below the limit. I don't know about others' preference, so I never modify the camera details.
If it is implemented, then I'd like to control how close to the speed limit I am before I get an alert. I don't want to be alerted always. I am satisfied with just a setting in the preferences file.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
This can be a setting like for clocks, with 3 digits, in % of the speed !
If setting is 100%, it means limit at real speed (like actual limit)
If setting is 50%, it means half of speed limit.
If setting is 75%, it means 3/4 of speed limit.
If setting is 0%, it means "no alert".
But the value should be entered in "real value", not a drop down list ! (means I can enter 37% i.e)
autourdupc
Send a message

Post by b-pilot
There has to be a SETTING (or several) that allows the user to manage the CPU and data transfer utilization...
Turn features off and remember the setting from session to session...
with the new features, my Android phone can't keep up with the basic functions of updating the map and allowing me to report hazards...
b-pilot
Send a message
AM: IA (Ft Madison-Maquoketa-Clinton) - QCA - IL (Peoria-Mt Pulaski-Ft Madison)
477K https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... M_only.png

Post by bdgregg
My two MAJOR complaints with the new version.

1.) Landscape mode that I always use in the car is VERY annoying due to the insanely, no HUGE, Navigation bar. I mean come on - taking 1/4 to 1/3 of the screen for a big black banner with almost nothing in it. Then putting another bar dead center on the bottom to take up another 1/3 of screen. How am I supposed to read the road names on the map? Epic FAIL.

2.) Popup reports that report on issues/hazards etc. up 100 miles away - come on I drive fast but not that fast. Now if I was traveling 25 MPH and WAZE shows things within a 1 mile that would be fine, or if I'm traveling 60 MPH and WAZE would show things 10 miles away that would be fine as well. Keep the notifications to like within 10 minutes of your current position taking into account speed would be best. But 80+ miles away while I'm in 25 MPH traffic doesn't help anyone does it? Put some restraint on the notifications will ya??
bdgregg
Send a message