Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by foxitrot
FreeMan12 wrote:I think that the selection of "Not Available" needs to either be expanded or more completely verified.
Here in the US many to most gas stations will list the price for regular unleaded and diesel on their big signs. I think that a lot of people are [...] entering "N/A" because they don't know the price of mid-grade and premium. [...]

I have some suggestions for fixing it:
1) Add an additional pop-up question when somebody selects "N/A" for a fuel price - "Does this station NOT CARRY this grade of fuel, or do you NOT KNOW the price for this grade?" with appropriate buttons to select. That way, drive byes could select NOT KNOW, leaving the old price.
2) Add an additional button saying "UNKNOWN" instead of just the "NOT AVAILABLE" button.
4) Possibly combine 1 & 2. Always ask the question if someone selects "Not Available".
It would be solved by having only an "UNKNOWN" button available directly (for these who update the prices on-the-fly, this way they would thus only skip such invisible price and not damage its (although possibly older) value) and hiding the "NOT AVAILABLE" button somewhere deeper in the UI - for anyone else, who would take the care to find out the prices in the station and could make sure the fuel is REALLY not available.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
...with the good old crashing :roll: Symbian 2.1.99.114 (on N-E52), while
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Both outdated and unconfirmed prices could be displayed grayed-out, with an appropriate textual remark. If there is a concern regarding points, then these could be delayed or split.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message
trying to get used to the good new asocial Android 4.xx.0.yyy (on OP-X March-me-Low).

Post by foxitrot
Maybe you're not yet being considered a "trusted submitter" at some stations and have to be confirmed at these? (Might make sense, but I doubt anything more is being stored except the very last submitter.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Nacron wrote:Haha caught a user who just confirms prices for points. This Aloha gas station has been closed for a year yet he's still confirming the prices from last year
Maybe the always-only-confirmed prices should be reset after the default timeout period (two weeks ATM) and need to be manually entered at least once in a while? (Could be inconvenient, if some prices really do not change, but it would solve this way of cheating.)
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Twister_UK wrote: So even if the price data gets reset after x days of staying at the same values no matter how often those values are confimed, surely all the points-fanatics will just have to enter new prices every x days and then continue confirming them as at present until the next x day timeout, then enter new price again and continue...
... and the problem of points-fanatics being able to earn points by confirming non-existent prices would be resolved without any means for them to work around it in the client.
I understand the problem with flakey ghost copies of GS in the DB. But I think that these points-fanatics would not bother entering some guessed prices, if the fields were empty.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
xirurg58 wrote:When gas prices are filled in manually, we can see previous prices.
When renewing prices via pop-up it always empty, even I filled prices day before.
I've noticed this as well. Must be a bug - my popup was empty and at the same time been updated a day ago.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
Different countries may have different four preferences for fuel names/types, or similar ones in a different order.
How is user's fuel preference supposed (and observed) to behave whenever crossing a country border?
  1. Keep the first/second/third/fourth preference like it is now,
  2. reset to the first preference,
  3. try to match similar numbers?
I've a feeling that b) could be the reason, why my preference does not stick to my third option, but gets often (just no idea when exactly) reset to the first one? :?
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
thePunishERD wrote:We have an issue with gas prices here in Panama. Gas was always sold per gallon, but not anymore, now it's been sell per liter. So now the price shown by the gas stations is around $1 per liter, when it used to be around $4 per gallon.
I've notified the Support.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
McFloyd wrote:In Switzerland, many gas stations are covered. Still, I can not enter the prices. When should this feature be turned on for Switzerland?
You should better ask Argus & Co. here: http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=22555
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message

Post by foxitrot
petervdveen wrote:
vince1612 wrote:I don't know if there is much that the Waze staff can do about it.
ˆˆ Yes, I already toughed so.
Nothing much they can do.
Sure they can. Just let them decouple the currency from the client's GPS position (and its proximity to some borderline, which is eventually defined as precisely as Waze coastlines and borderlines) and couple it with the "Country" value in particular GS landmark's (or be it place's) Address section.

Who ever got the blessing idea to bind the GS' currency to the client's GPS position, has always been beyond my understanding :roll: The Waze localization is (not only) sometimes being driven to ad absurdum.
foxitrot
Waze Global Champs
Waze Global Champs
Send a message