These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

Too many incident reports

Post by PinballRob
I am new to Waze, but so far, I am loving it. One thing that I have noticed, is that I get many incident reports that are very far away (many miles away), and not even on my route.

Is there a way to limit event notifications only to those on the route?

Rob
PinballRob

POSTER_ID:8069441

Send a message

Post by gettingthere
It is believed that the radius limit is x miles from anywhere on your route. So in reality you will see events more than x miles from your current location.

There are lots of requests to filter to only on route. Waze has stated that they will add this filter in the future...
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by gettingthere
Unfortunately that's usually not how it works in the world of Waze. The company discloses very little and the community of users has to fill in the gaps.

Waze is better with Facebook and Twitter but that is not the place for this type of information.
gettingthere
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
San Diego, California USA and Tijuana, Mexico

Post by jentdrive
ultimasnake wrote:To be honest, and this might have been said loads of times, I would prefer to turn them off totally. I'm one of those people that likes to look ahead on the map (even without zooming and such) while i'm standing in front of a traffic light to see what my next few actions will be.
I totally agree.
jentdrive
Send a message

Post by mirarkitty
I would like to only see the ones on or near (road-wise near!) my route.

But I'd also like to stop it from doing anything just because I'm standing still for about 30 seconds. Can that time-limit be increased in the options?
mirarkitty
Send a message

Post by OldGnome
PhantomSoul wrote:I have to say, these incident notifications could very well be a pilot for location-based advertising, like say, offers from nearby businesses or upcoming ones along your route. I certainly hope not, but in all fairness, that would be one heck of a cash cow, and increasing socially-based revenues is a stated priority of Waze...
You haven't seen the Dunkin Donuts locations in Waze?
OldGnome
Send a message

Post by PaintManNO
It also depends on whether you're in an urban or rural area. 5 or 10 miles may not seem like too much when you're in the middle of Nowhereville. And you can still get bombarded with a 2 mile radius in a large city during rush hour.
PaintManNO
Send a message
Eddie P.
Country Manager: USA
Area Manager: Southern Louisiana, including New Orleans & Baton Rouge
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/6/69/W ... 00k_5c.png

Post by PhantomSoul
I have to say, these incident notifications could very well be a pilot for location-based advertising, like say, offers from nearby businesses or upcoming ones along your route. I certainly hope not, but in all fairness, that would be one heck of a cash cow, and increasing socially-based revenues is a stated priority of Waze...
PhantomSoul
Local Champ Mentor
Local Champ Mentor
Send a message

Post by PinballRob
I looked for that setting, and I did have it set for 5 miles. Seems like too much information. Maybe they can come up with a a setting of 2 miles or something. Thank you for your help.

Rob
PinballRob
Send a message

Post by PinballRob
I think that is also what I am seeing. In any event, the notifications are often showing me information that is not relevant to the trip I am taking.

Rob
PinballRob
Send a message