These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
After deleting the app, you need to reboot then download again. Don't dock it to a stereo or other device except a charger.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
There is not yet a fix, only a workaround. All issues should be posted to this thread and not elsewhere.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Power cord meaning only to a charger and not to the computer or stereo or any other kind of power source?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
t50555f wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There is not yet a fix, only a workaround. All issues should be posted to this thread and not elsewhere.
Sounds like poor testing to me. I don't understand why using a car power cord would not be one of the testing scenarios especially since most use the app in their vehicle and would be connected to a power cord since the app sucks the power out of the phone battery!
As previously noted, none of the beta versions had this problem. I use Waze daily with my car stereo and this would have been a very obvious problem. The issue is changes Waze makes between the last beta and App Store publishing is the issue. We've repeatedly asked them to just issue another beta we say is ok to release.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
robin1979 wrote:It was for me... :cry:
You can find it in the previous threads (or here)...
But the crashing is happening when plugged into a car/dock under iOS 5x too, and that didn't happen in any beta I tested.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
invented wrote:Waze is now using too much data. Can someone please explain where the data compression option went? I've been using Mapple.
Waze responded that it is now always on. I too find it using more data, but there could be a reason for that we don't know about.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
dialworld wrote:
Anachron wrote:After the 3.5 installation on iPhone 4S, everytime I start the app, it keeps finding a bug, and asking to send the logs. This repeats even after sending them each time.
same here. I send the log every time hoping it catches someone's attention 8-)
Unplug it from your car stereo or other device trying to control via the dock. That's the workaround for the majority of these crashes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
schlichtman wrote:It is not a workaround.
For a lot of people it is.
schlichtman wrote:I keep looking at the Apple Store update page. Nothing.
Pay attention to the iOS Waze beta threads and you'll see when they release a beta which fixes it. We've sent in iOS crash logs too, to try and find the issue, as it doesn't seem to get logged in the Waze logs. Until a beta is released which fixes it, it's unlikely the app store will have an update. (Though, if they find they can nail it down quickly, they may release to the app store without further testing.)

I know you've reinstalled, but want to make sure that after deleting Waze, you reboot the phone. I used to think the reboot after deleting was dumb, but have found it sometimes works when just deleting and reinstalling didn't.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
musicman_rv wrote:Please help. Using samsung intercept.
You're posting in the wrong thread. Use the Android thread. Unless your samsung is somehow actually running iOS.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
rjtort wrote:I've sent numerous crash reports from the app to Waze and was wondering if there was any other ideas/suggestions out there to solve this issue, as it seems to be getting worse with each new app software update.
I have the OS, hw and carrier and only had crashes when plugged into a device which did audio control (per the other 6 times I've posted it in this thread). A normal power-only adapter worked fine. The only way to not crash is to not plug it in to the audio control device. However, some have noted that even on a power-only adapter, they still got crashes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message