Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by AlanOfTheBerg
poetnprophet wrote:What exactly is the work around?
You can't read up two posts?
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
poetnprophet wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
poetnprophet wrote:What exactly is the work around?
You can't read up two posts?
I read this:
"I have the OS, hw and carrier and only had crashes when plugged into a device which did audio control (per the other 6 times I've posted it in this thread). A normal power-only adapter worked fine. The only way to not crash is to not plug it in to the audio control device. However, some have noted that even on a power-only adapter, they still got crashes."

which does is not a work around if others are still getting crashes. smart ass. Obviously you can't read posts either.
You asked what the workaround was, which was right there. It specifically notes it doesn't work for everyone. You gave zero information about whether you had tested it with or without a charger or dock control, so how is anyone to know whether you tried that and it still crashed? I can only give advice based on how much information you provided. Which was none. No info=mediocre or incomplete advice.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
twuelfing wrote:I used to love waze, but seeing so many people with this issue and no official recognition anywhere or a warning not to update or a downgrade path troubles me. Has anyone found a way to get back to the old version?
It has been officially recognized:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 5&p=281430

Old versions can often be found in the Apps folder of iTunes.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
perlin wrote:
briviao wrote:Hi,
since the very first release of waze the speedmeter, when set to km/h, is "jumping" some of the possible speeds. For example: from 109 km/h to 111km/h without the 110 km/h and so on.

Is it possible to fix this?
It's not planned to be fixed soon.
Bravo briviao, on stumbling upon a bug we've been tracking and begging Waze to fix for coming up on 22 months! :)

http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7803
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
davipt wrote:I don't think one can play sound with the app running in the background on iOS, at least I never found a way to do so.
Works for me. Output to speaker didn't use to work in the background, but now it does. It may depend also on what the foreground app is.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
johnmcboston wrote:
ronacap wrote:That is definitely a lot of Wazers. I travel around Los Angeles, CA and see so many Wazers on the map that I cannot see traffic conditions, hazards, police, and other events on my iPhone 4. My solution is to turn off seeing other Wazers. :D
Usually seeing other Wazers is fun. But was a passenger the other night and looked ahead to see if our planned exist had a lot of traffic and saw this. Lots of wazers; many traffic warnings, many speed restrictions. And on top of that, The DD icons. In that image there are a good 20 DD, and I think at that time they all popped up at once. (Playing last night, only a few were popping up).

Looking at my screenshot, I also realize those buttons seem larger than they used to - or is it just me?
Waze has stated before that there will not be more than 4 advertisements visible on the screen at a time. I have yet to see a screenshot with more than 3 or 4.

And with this, I cross into the realm of 10,000+ posts. Paaarty. :ugeek:
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Anachron
After the 3.5 installation on iPhone 4S, everytime I start the app, it keeps finding a bug, and asking to send the logs. This repeats even after sending them each time.
Anachron
Send a message

Post by Askit2
New Version has no option for data compression. An across town drive today cost me 3 MB. A drive Tuesday with previous version to a different town by interstate about 5 miles farther cost me about 900K. Map open no routing today and I used 3X the data the old version used to get me directions to the interstate, follow it, and to a building in a different town. I am The One thing that really drove me to Waze was the American limited data plans. Sure it seems every other country in the world has Unlimited Smart Phone Data Plans. I do not. My cheap 200MB plan doesn't leave me much for navigation. Especially daily free driving to improve my small towns actual traffic data and my proficiency. On previous versions I used over 60MB a month just to get Waze semi acceptable local traffic data. I can not afford 180MB just to get Waze some daily time of day traffic and speed data.

I had already refreshed the map of my area so that "Help" shouldn't have made things worse. I always refresh the map on WIFI at least weekly and every time I update to try to keep current tiles.

Thanks for upgrading it to use as much data as the Apple navigation app. With the ease of use to actually get directions using the Apple app and the fact that I can use any search engine I like it makes me wonder why I would keep a second app that requires me to either search separately and copy the address and hope that Waze actually gives me directions to that place (have been routed to other towns with the correct town name in the address as well as once to another state) by putting a whole address in and searching again. Not to mention I have to stop the app manually when I get to a parking lot, or anywhere else I may be for any amount of time else I ruin others routing.

This feedback may sound negative. I feel it actually is very negative. I have driven to get editable areas, edited in whole sections of my town, and added interstate exchanges(2). Now it uses so much data that I feel like an idiot for recommending it to people who wanted to use less data and still have a useable navigation app. My phone has always gotten hot using this app, even shuts down occasionally. Sure I could use a car with AC if I had one. I didn't edit the map because I used any of those roads, nor because I know people who live on them. I worked on the map to help others have a usable navigation app that doesn't eat a MB per mile driven. After surviving 2 major version changes and even more minor changes 3.5 kills my data compression and with it my desire to recommend and help improve Waze.

IOS6 and iPhone 4. Shouldn't matter but better to have more data then less about what the problem is on.
Askit2
Send a message

Post by barbosaa
Hi i download the new version of Waze on mi Ipad 2 and dont work, when i try to open, the Waze close indediatily. say "Ups one error ocurred", i try to open many times and nothing, finaly i have to uninstall. I home the Waze company fix this problem so soon!

see video here : [youtube][/youtube]
barbosaa
Send a message

Post by BeefGriller
Waze 3.5 keeps crashing on my iPhone 4S. The first time I ran it, this morning, it found a route to my work, then crashed. I started it again, it asked to send the logs, I clicked Send, then it found a route, then crashed again. Now, whenever I try to start the app, it crashes before just as it is rendering the map. It doesn't even get to the point where it asks to send the logs.

This seems to happen only when connected to my car's iPod/iPhone USB connection. I can start it without any issues when it is connected to my iMac's USB.
BeefGriller
Send a message