These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by deeggo
I've played around with the invisible-setting a bit. I found out it doesn't apply to gas price reporting. I think it should.
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by deeggo
Do you have a screenshot?
deeggo
Send a message
Global Champ. Country manager Nederland & België
NL: Wiki: hoe label ik een (snel)weg correct?
HTC One M8 | Follow me on Twitter
Join Dropbox, free online file sync! Register through this link and give you and me 250MB extra for free. Thanks!

Post by Den_in_USA
bkayrac wrote:can't view scoreboard inside app, crashes on galaxy nexus google play version, 4.1.2

logs sent just a minute ago
I can view scoreboard OK on my phone.
Den_in_USA
Send a message
Software Test Designer, CareFusion
T-Mobile| Dell Streak 5| Android 2.2.2

Post by Den_in_USA
daknife wrote:I absolutely HATE having the top third of my screen permanently blocked out by the black bar when following a route. Too big and not really necessary all the time. I didn't need it taking up that 33% of my screen real estate to tell me I need to take an exit twenty miles away, at least not for all twenty miles. Reduce it back down, I don't recall exactly how that direction block was done before but it was far less annoying because I never had an issue with it until today.

Oh but it did install great on my Galaxy S Epic 4G. My only issue with the install was that with all the other settings it managed to carry over from the previous version, why couldn't it carry over my preferred color scheme?
I totally agree!
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
I just navigated back to work after a lunch break. When I arrived, I pressed the "park" icon on the navigation bar at the top of the screen, then I pressed the "stop navigation" icon. Big mistake! Now that blue parking icon stays on my map even after quiting Waze. Next, I rebooted my phone, parking icon still on map. Then in "Data transfer" I refreshed my map of the area, still there! Help!

I figured it out. Press on the park icon, when a tiny box appears, press on the top right corner of that box, then press the "Go" box. You will start to navigate and the navigation bar will be displayed at the top of the screen, press the "P" icon to unpark. The blue "Parked" icon will go away.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
Once again, when I get off the freeway and come to a stop sign, I get the irritating pop-up trafic reports up to 12 miles away that are not even on my route! If I were a person installing Waze for the first time, I would immediately uninstall an search for another navigation app.

Also, I still get the big box with the "Uh-Oh" error as I approach my destination.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
deeggo wrote:
perlin wrote:Nav bar in landscape mode will be thinner in the next version.
Hear hear! Thanks! Make it very thin please...
After making the nav bar thinner, have just one line of text not two, for example "125 miles to La Sierra Avenue". Also increase the font size of that text.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
bjdrums wrote:Congratlations. Love the new look.

It took a while for the GPS to finally lock in and after many restarts, but now it's functioning well.

Two issues:

- I agree with the other that the navigation bar is too big (especially in landscape mode). I think it would look better if all the information were condensed to a single line 1/3 the size it is now (see attachment)

- BUG: Droid X in Car Dock - Android version 2.3.4
1. Start Waze in landscape mode
2. Switch to another screen or application outside of Waze
3. When I return to Waze the screen is stuck in portrait mode and will not detect orientation.

This is exactly what I had in mind!
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
I listen to Pandora music and also am able to hear Waze voice prompts. The volume level for both is the "Media" volume control. Is it possible to boost the Waze volume so that it is clearly louder than my music?

Also, when I am navigating to my home, I would like to get voice prompts for all alerts that are on my route.
Den_in_USA
Send a message

Post by Den_in_USA
I noticed that when I navigate somewhere, sometimes my ETA is not posted to Twitter even though I am logged into Twitter in Waze.
Den_in_USA
Send a message