These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by iainhouse
Jack_Ryan wrote:I need to add another gripe to my previous list:

The hazard/red light camera popup needs to revert to the previous UI. It used to have 2 large buttons at the bottom of the box, one for "OK" the other for "Not There". Now, there is only one button "Not There". I'm seeing a number of Red Light Cameras disappearing from my local map, most likely as a result of muscle memory from users wanting to tap OK (which is now in the top right) but are hitting "Not There" instead.

I see this as a major problem.
+1
iainhouse
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Answers: 1
Send a message
https://storage.googleapis.com/wazeoped ... c4/AGC.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/s2000.pnghttps://sign.waze.tools/c6.png
My scripts: WME FixUI WME Presets :ugeek:
I want to go to a commune in Vermont and deal with no unit of time shorter than a season

Post by iJewJitsu
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1: crash on launch. Every time. I've deleted and reinstalled several times, I've hard booted my phone, no matter what, Waze doesn't get past the initial screen with the icon in the middle before crashing to home screen.

Entirely broken for me. Please help! I don't feel right driving without my Waze fix.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
iPhone 4S - iOS 6.1.2 - jailbroken
Waze v3.7.2

Post by iJewJitsu
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
pokeefe363 wrote:Just updated to WAZE 3.5 on my iPhone 4s (running iOS 5.1.1) and can't get the app to launch without immediately crashing.
Jailbroken or not? Do you have anything plugged into the dock connector?
Same device and OS here with the same issues, and tried all the steps above.

I am jailbroken and will not be upgrading to any iteration of iOS 6 until it is jailbroken on my device.

I've since downgraded Waze as the only way I could get it functioning again.

EDIT - forgot to mention that it was crashing with or without something connected to the dock connector.

Bluetooth was on every time. I use bluetooth audio in my car, so if that's what's causing the crash I'll wait for the bugfix.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
Waze v3.7.2

Post by iJewJitsu
wortmanb wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
wortmanb wrote:Not jailbroken, but plugged into my car stereo through the usual dock connector ...
That's the issue and it's been posted by a several people in this thread. It is not fixed in the current beta either. They are trying to find the cause of the crashes.

I am testing the beta against the issues raised in this thread.
I confirmed this tonight. But since using it untethered is a non-starter for me, how can I back up to the earlier version? I scanned the thread but may have missed it.
I used iFunBox to do it. Pretty simple. I deleted 3.5 and luckily the version in my iTunes was still 3.2.2. I couldn't get it to go directly through iTunes for some reason so iFunBox installed the app pretty easily.
iJewJitsu
Send a message
Waze v3.7.2

Post by invented
I like the new turn instruction bar and the smoothness of things. Much dislike the new moods.

Unfortunately getting some "Error Creating Route" and a lot of "Proceed to highlighted route" on US and State routes. These are the things that should be fixed before social stuff.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
stevecody wrote:I'm pretty sure with the old version of Waze, if I tapped a Wazer on the map, the details for that person would be displayed, centered on the screen. Now, they appear near the top or out of the screen view. Is the new behavior where I have to tap them then move the screen or center the screen on their icon first? That's kinda lame, especially since I may click on several people in a row sometimes. Auto-centering was nice.
This was terribly frustrating to deal with Waze during beta testing. NO ONE liked this and complained multiple times. The UI for this popup is terrible now. Totally agree. We tried! :roll:
I don't actually mind it.

I am having this weird problem where I can't end Bluetooth calls via my head unit anymore. Started when I installed this version. I'm trying to figure out if they're related.

Also, a vote to open up the beta testing to more than a select few.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:
invented wrote:Also, a vote to open up the beta testing to more than a select few.
That is restricted by Apple.
Restricted to 100 per developer account.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
I just told waze to Switch Off three times before it would actually do so without restarting.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
jasonh300 wrote:
invented wrote:I just told waze to Switch Off three times before it would actually do so without restarting.
That was a problem in the Beta but hasn't happened today since I installed 3.5.

What is your hardware and iOS?

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
iOS 6.0 on a 4S.

I had pulled up to a McDonalds which had free WiFi (which phone had remembered) but hadn't hit the Agree button yet to allow data transfer. May have something to do with it.
invented
Send a message

Post by invented
There's still this nagging bug where when I open up the app and very quickly slide to navigate, pick a destination, it is still lagging behind trying to process the internal "Remembered Desinations" dialogues. So I will have already selected a destination from my favourites, it's prompting me "Ready To Go?" and it gets overridden by a "Good evening invented, are you driving to work?!?!?!??!" dialogue. I have to cancel that out, then my route from my original choice is cancelled out too and I have to start all over.

But having said that, I'm not having THAT many issues.
invented
Send a message