Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Screen orientation

Post by warchitect
So Waze did the "update / lower functionality thing"...just like microsoft does.
you now can NOT hold your screen upside down (so the power cord sticks out the top and out of the way). only sideways....WHY WAS THIS REMOVED!??? So now when I want to look at the waze screen vertically (but the charger, when installed, makes keeping the phone upright impossible. wont rest naturally on anything now) it doesnt change/flip...

do people sit in the CEO's office and be like "lets take out this function...maybe we'll fuck up a few thousand users...it will be fun, and in no way help this company grow" ?!!
warchitect

POSTER_ID:11208445

Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Pretty sure this is iOS6 specific too. Users running on iOS5.x have reported upside down still works.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by dmcconachie
It was overlooked. Calm down!

And maybe stop being a cheapskate and buy a proper phone cradle!

via Tapatalk
dmcconachie
Send a message
dmcconachie • Former Global Champ

UK WikiUK FB PageCurrent status

Post by jasonh300
From posts I've seen in other threads, the upside-down mode has only stopped working in iOS 6. It still works for people who still have iOS 5.

I can't get upside-down mode to work in any app in iOS 6.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
Upside down mode has been addressed in the current beta as of today, so when the next update comes out, it'll be fixed.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by MangoMangus
An app called display orientator works for android
MangoMangus
Send a message

Post by richhobo_FL
It wont work for my Galaxy s3 either. freaking sucks, and to the asshole who made the dumb ass comment about buying the proper cradle, I have that. Please fix this HUGE issue asap please and please update new beta released today as it does not work there either.

My problem specifically is I keep my phone, while in the car dock, in landscape mode. Waze loads up find and transitions into landscape mode just fine. The problem starts when I pull down the notification bar to multitask, say go to Pandora to change the station I'm listening to. When I go back to Waze, that has been running in the background, waze gets stuck in portrait mode and there's noway to get it to go back into landscape mode until i shut down waze and restart.

I am going to be doing a lot of cross county traveling this Thanksgiving so it would be awesome if it could be fixed by then. use to not be a problem until 3.5 update.
richhobo_FL
Send a message