Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!

Facebook Connect won't work via desktop

Post by
Hi,

Im new to Waze within the last few weeks and Im determined to give it a go because of the social side to the app.

I have used the app and like it including the user being able to submit traffic reports and hazards etc. But i have a problem with facebook.

Ive downloaded the app to iphone4s and i've connected the app to facebook, twitter, foursquare, and it says that i am logged into all.

if i then go to my scoreboard I can see scores under Me and All, if i click on Facebook friends, i go to the next screen where it asks me to connect to facebook, i press this and the app seems to be doing something for about 5-10seconds but then it just refreshes to the same screen and asks me to connect again(again when i do it just refreshes to the same screen again).

On some occasions if i log in and out, when i press the connect to facebook button in the scoreboard section it does ask me to give permission to access friends data etc but then it just refreshes back to the original Connect to Facebook button screen.

On my computer and web based dashboard, again when i log in I can see the Log In with Facebook button on my profile page and it says Not Connected to it - so even after pressing the Log In button after about 5-10 seconds where you think it is logging in it just refreshes to the original screen and it still says disconnected and asks me to Log In to facebook.

I do note from other posts and threads that this seems like a bug for some people,

is this so and is there a work around as one of the main reasons I am turning to this app is because of the social side of it and integration with facebook friends.

POSTER_ID:327491

Send a message

Post by adamski2000
Yeah I'm getting the same issue too.. Not sure whats wrong :(
adamski2000
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Yeah, that doesn't seem to be working. Doing it from the app work fine though.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
Wiki Resources: Map Editing Manual | alanoftheberg@gmail.com
Oregon-based US Ex-Global Champ Editor | iPhone13Pro - VZ

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
Thanks for the merge.
AndyPoms wrote:Once you are connected on the app, the dashboard will reflect that fact.
Actually, this is not the case, at least not for me. I'm definitely connected to fb in the app, but the Dashboard does not reflect this. I don't really care about the dashboard part because I can see it is actually connected. The website page isn't working properly and I really don't know why people care. There's nothing to "do" after it shows connected on the web. There's no additional functionality which is missing. The app side is the only part which matters.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
AndyPoms wrote:Does your dashboard look like the image below after connecting? If so, Waze & Facebook at connected and the link is good to go.
facebookconnect.jpg
I actually connected my Waze & Facebook using the app after this issue started and it seems fine.

Also, Alan, there was a time after version 3.5 (both platforms) came out that Waze asked us all to re-connect our Waze & Facebook accounts (if we wanted) because a change led to a disconnection for all users.
No, it does not look like that. It shows disconnected and clicking on the button, as others have stated, does nothing but spin for several seconds then reloads the page. The app is connected to fb just fine as I can see all my fb friends.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by AlanOfTheBerg
alxjalmeida wrote:For example, I can't load my friend list on the waze website.
Agreed. There is something broken for many of us on the website related to facebook.
AlanOfTheBerg
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by Alexandre-Barros
I have the same problem. Tested on Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Cookies enabled.
I GET THE PROBLEM THIS WAY:
1. Access www.waze.com, login with Waze account and click on Dashboard. The field "Facebook connect:" appear as "Not conected".
2. The first time I click "Login with Facebook", the Facebook login page is opened and, after submit my credentials, I am redirected back to the Waze dashboard, but the field "Facebook connect:" still appear as "Not conected".
3. Once I have logged in Facebook one time, all the times I click "Login with Facebook", Dashboard page is reloaded, but I remains in the same state.
Alexandre-Barros
Send a message

Post by Alexandre-Barros
This support topic was helpful for me. When I logged in world.waze.com, I saw my points and my driving history, but still cannot connect to facebook.

SUPPORT TOPIC:
Can't see my points
If you are using Waze in North America (USA and Canada):

Go to http://www.waze.com/dashboard

If you are using waze anywhere else in the world:

Go to http://world.waze.com/dashboard

Here you can modify your Password and Email address.

In addition you can view your:

Routes

Map Updates

Driving Alerts

New Recorded Kilometers

Your Ranking

And when was the last update of your points.
Alexandre-Barros
Send a message

Post by alxjalmeida
I have noticed this as well. I don't agree with the claims others are making that there is no functionality on the website by being connected to Facebook. For example, I can't load my friend list on the waze website. Facebook works just fine on the client which is key, but it would be nice to see this fixed if it is a simple Waze/Facebook API issue.

Thanks!
alxjalmeida
Send a message

Post by AndyPoms
robbert-slakhorst wrote:Is there a solution for this problem?
And this is a known issue by the makers of Waze?
Yes, make the Waze-Facebook connection in the app.
Yes, Waze is aware.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ

Post by AndyPoms
I've merged the 3 topics on this issue into one so it is more manageable.

The current workaround for this is to make the Waze-Facebook Connection in the Client App (on your phone/tablet). Go Menu -> Settings -> Social Networks -> Facebook. Once you are connected on the app, the dashboard will reflect that fact.
AndyPoms
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message
https://www.waze.com/wiki/images/f/ff/W ... 00k_6c.png
Waze Champ & Forum Moderator
USA Country Manager
Senior Area Manager: State of Connecticut
Wiki: Editing | Best Practices | FAQ