These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jasonh300
They're in Israel. The government and laws are based around Judaism and the majority of the population is Jewish.

Saturday is Sabbath in the Jewish faith, and they don't work...depending on how orthodox they are, they might not even use anything electronic or electric from sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday (modern equivalent of "lighting a fire").

I'm a little unclear on this but I believe their weekend starts on Friday, so i guess they'll be back to work on Sunday morning.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
youncs wrote:
jasonh300 wrote:They're in Israel.
Per Wikipedia: "Waze employs 80 people – 70 at its facility in Ra'anana, Israel and an additional 10 in Palo Alto, California."
Waze has an office in Palo Alto, and the CEO lives there, but that's mostly marketing. The operations take place at the home office in Israel.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
ohiostmusicman wrote:I have never seen this before. When I selected them, they both say "Student Parking Lot" (which it is).
They're on some layer that we can't see. The two that I've seen say "Poppie's Car" which means absolutely nothing to me and is on the median of an expressway across from my office, and another said "Cab 152", which was on the curb of a street...there was actually a taxi parked there, but it wasn't Cab 152.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
ohiostmusicman wrote:I assume that this has only become visible with Waze 3.5 (and it's previous beta versions)? I never saw them in 3.2.1...
Correct. It's been in the beta for a couple of months now.
invented wrote:Is this kind of like the ZipCar thing?
I don't think so. I think it's supposed to be a name or label for a parking lot. Poppie's Car has been there since this first came out in the Beta. I don't think I ever got a response on it.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
t50555f wrote:
AlanOfTheBerg wrote:There is not yet a fix, only a workaround. All issues should be posted to this thread and not elsewhere.
Sounds like poor testing to me. I don't understand why using a car power cord would not be one of the testing scenarios especially since most use the app in their vehicle and would be connected to a power cord since the app sucks the power out of the phone battery!
This problem wasn't present in the beta.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
david-billington wrote:I have this issue now as well. I have an iPhone 4 with the latest iOS, and the latest version of Waze. The previous version of Waze worked perfectly, but with the new version there is no audio of any kind around 80% of the times I use the app. Waze is the only app running at the time, and it is in the foreground. Sometimes when I close the app completely and open it again, the audio returns, but not always. The audio either works during a Waze session, or it doesn't; it doesn't come and go.
David, I moved your post here because this is a more appropriate place for it, rather than a thread about a version of Waze that came out 7 months ago.

This is the first report I've seen about loss of voice navigation with the new version, so maybe you can give some more specifics.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WeeeZer14 wrote:
johnmcboston wrote:So how do you get rid of all the Dunkin Donut icons? Trying to drive in the city, you can't see the road there are so many icons popping up. Definite thumbs down.
I don't think you can turn it off. Dunkin Donuts is paying Waze money to be on the map.

Where are you and/or can you post a screen shot?
My guess is johnmcboston is from Boston :p

There's a lot of Dunkin Donuts in that area.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352523485.295253.jpg
(21.59 KiB) Downloaded 1121 times

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
WeeeZer14 wrote:Yeah it looks similar in NJ and NY right now. I wouldn't say it was overwhelming. More Wazers, jams, and hazards than DD pins.
When I first located Boston on the map, every Dunkin Donuts marker was accompanied by a Wazer icon, so maybe the advertising is effective.

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jasonh300
fredlabelle wrote:Hi,

i have an iPhone 4s with IOS 6.0.1. Since the October 31, the date i update Waze for the 3.5.0, all my news routes are missing, and the points for those drive arent's there. The only new points i got every day is just for the repport i sent.

is it just appen to me? or a major update problem?

thank's
Not certain yet if this is a 3.5 issue or even an iOS issue, but that is being discussed here:
http://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30903

---------
Via my iPhone 3GS.
jasonh300
EmeritusChamps
EmeritusChamps
Send a message

Post by jeffluckett
This is an utterly ridiculous waste of screen space.

In landscape mode, you should be taking advantage of all the space in the wings, not using up valuable vertical screen space.

http://i.imgur.com/Ww00M.png
jeffluckett
Send a message