These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by thefatveganchef
I have very poor network connection at home, but my wifi signal is strong enough that my phone connects to my wifi about 50-80 feet before I stop my car, which is before I have to open the gate. So between me getting out and opening, then driving through then closing gate then driving to the drive way it is 3-5 minutes. This gives Waze plenty of time to connect to the wireless and send it's data upon shut down. Maybe you should wait a few minutes before shutting down once you do connect to your wireless?
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by thefatveganchef
mattlach wrote:
mdqueenz wrote:The Waze app should only be running while actively driving. Leaving it on while at home/work etc... Is polluting traffic data by reporting non existent traffic.
Ahh,

I presumed they used some sort of algorithm to decide when to collect data and when not to, otherwise how do they know if someone hasn't stropped on their own accord, rather than sitting, stuck in traffic?
The way they know is by you shutting off the app. There really isn't any other way for them to know.
thefatveganchef
Send a message

Post by TurnpikeWarrior12345
Waze should automatically shuts down if a Wazer hasn't moved from a point after a certain period of time.
TurnpikeWarrior12345
Send a message