These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.
Post by jeffwiatt
You can add me to the users who are using XM Sky Dock and having WAZE crash. 3.5 works fine undocked but as soon as I plug my iPhone 4 with iOS 5 installed to the Sky Dock it crashes. WAZE is now useless to be as I use the dock to hold my phone in place while driving.
jeffwiatt
Send a message

Post by Jh00_
Overall the new version is a great improvement. Thanks!

It is sad though that waze still has some distracting alerts that users should be able to turn off if they wanted.

For instance, the speed radar warning in the middle of the screen made me miss many turns because I could not close it while driving. I see that in this new version, the "close" button was replaced by an even tinier "x" button, which makes closing the window even harder. I must confess I almost crashed my car at least 3 times because I was desperate to close that damn warning to see the map below. Couldn't the radar alert be replaced by a smaller button to the side of screen which, after pressed, would present additional options (like "not here")? I fail to understand the logic of showing a big window over the route your are trying to follow...

Another thing that is enormously irritating to me are those random reports that waze shows when my car is stopped. They are almost always unrelated to my route and when my car is stopped at the red light it is usually when I can safely review the route waze suggested to me. I go nuts everytime I stop because I must manually close that damn window. What is the point of displaying random reports that are sometimes miles away from your route?

These are my greatest pains with waze that unfortunately were not worked out in this last version.
Jh00_
Send a message

Post by joeclassic
Per the following request .. Posting here ...

Re: Latest version is horrifically buggy. 
by AlanOfTheBerg on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:06 pm

Please use the appropriate feedback thread in the Client forum. Thanks.
Oregon-based US Country Manager
iPhone5 - VZ - iOS 6.0.0
Wiki Resources: Map Editing (START HERE!) | App & Editor Known Issues
Waze Client Suggestions (Uservoice)

WAZE used to be the GPS APP prior to this latest upgrade. 

Latest version is horrifically buggy. 

The following are my most notable experiences: APP fails at start with an error requesting send of logs every time, routing is broken in that for a route that would customarily show 3 routes now the APP defaults to one and it's not the shortest route, map issues such as on a reroute request it recommend I might a right turn on a bridge, intermittent Server errors during route requests, APP does not appear to be triggering off current coordinates when selecting a destination rather the start point and calculations for time are miles down the road vs current locale, + more issues!

None of these issues were encountered with the previous version(s).  Seems like WAZE team released an Alpha version of code. 

Can Engineering team revert the APP store download to previous version given current version is unusable?
joeclassic
Send a message

Post by joegatling
Here is some feedback on the iPhone app

I have noticed a bug where the app doesn't speak updated instructions after recalculating a route.
If I miss a turn, the app will recalculate the path, but then it won't say anything. This inevitably means I will miss the newly calculated turn. This continues several times until I pull over to look at my phone. Basically, the app needs to speak the next instruction after every route change.

I would love an option to have the app only give me turn-by-turn instructions when I need them. Eg: On my daily commute, I should only receive instructions if traffic conditions require me to deviate from my normal route. As soon as I have navigated around the hazard and returned to my standard route, it should stop giving instructions. This would be awesome
joegatling
Send a message

Post by JoeMatava
Since upgrading to the latest version of waze on my iPhone 4 waze crashes constantly. It is plugged into my USB charging port in my car and connected to a bluetooth->FM transmitter.

Oh, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled waze on the phone twice thinking it might be a corrupted file. :(
JoeMatava
Send a message

Post by johnmcboston
So how do you get rid of all the Dunkin Donut icons? Trying to drive in the city, you can't see the road there are so many icons popping up. Definite thumbs down.
johnmcboston
Send a message

Post by johnmcboston
WeeeZer14 wrote:
johnmcboston wrote:Where are you and/or can you post a screen shot?
Indeed, I'm in Boston. Waze seems to be acting up. Now the DD logos keep popping up and going away at random, and the app keeps detecting and reporting (to waze) errors...

So I can't get a good DD photo at the moment, but we do have so many Wazers on the road I'm getting the same effect :)

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e314/ ... G_1625.jpg
johnmcboston
Send a message

Post by johnmcboston
ronacap wrote:That is definitely a lot of Wazers. I travel around Los Angeles, CA and see so many Wazers on the map that I cannot see traffic conditions, hazards, police, and other events on my iPhone 4. My solution is to turn off seeing other Wazers. :D
Usually seeing other Wazers is fun. But was a passenger the other night and looked ahead to see if our planned exist had a lot of traffic and saw this. Lots of wazers; many traffic warnings, many speed restrictions. And on top of that, The DD icons. In that image there are a good 20 DD, and I think at that time they all popped up at once. (Playing last night, only a few were popping up).

Looking at my screenshot, I also realize those buttons seem larger than they used to - or is it just me?
johnmcboston
Send a message

Post by josephmate
Has anyone noticed a huge increase in data usage? I upgraded today and my drive home was 3MB instead of way under 1MB. I have been using 2D maps. My only thoughts are that data compression is no longer an option, and invisible is not defaulted like my last setting.

(sorry if this submits twice. my first submit left me in edit mode.)
josephmate
Send a message

Post by joshuagbsn
I am using an iPhone 4, on Verizon's network on iOs 6.0.1 Firmware 3.0.04

I am a tremendous fan of this app, but it hasn't worked one single time for me since the update.
It crashes instantly. It crashes when it tries to send Crash reports. It's currently an app for those that like to just watch programs crash. I'll stick around and use it once it's fixed but I can't use it.

I have to concur that it it appears to start crashing when I actually start moving.
joshuagbsn
Send a message