Get a sneak peek at whats next for Permanent Hazards on our April 7th Office Hours!
These forums are specific to the Waze mobile app. Post here if you experienced a problem while using the app, have a question about the app functionality or a feature such as navigation or search.

Forum rules
Waze App Useful Resources

WAZE AppRadio - screen is off center

Post by heymike1
Hi I'm using WAZE with Pioneer App Radio model AVH-P8400BH, I use it with an iPhone 4 using iOS 6. When I open WAZE, the window is shifted to the right about 1 inch. The first inch on the right side of the screen on the radio is blank, and the WAZE window starts about 1 inch in. I can still navigate and see most of the buttons but there are some options I can't see as they are on the far left of the screen.

All other appradio apps, including other nav apps, display correctly. Is there any setting I can adjust to view the full screen?
heymike1

POSTER_ID:9923531

Send a message

Post by agapitox
autumnwalker wrote:I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1 and the latest version of Waze.
mee too on iPhone 4s
agapitox
Send a message

Post by autumnwalker
I am having the same issue with my iPhone 4 running iOS 6.0.1 and the latest version of Waze.
autumnwalker
Send a message
iPhone 4 (Telus) • iOS 6.0.1 • Waze 3.5.0.0

Post by autumnwalker
UnknownDan wrote:Not sure what happened, however I no longer have the issue. It just started working correctly this weekend.
I am not on the latest iOS release, and I didn't update the app via iTunes. I simply plugged it in and it worked correctly.
Interesting. I will have to give mine another shot; however, I am running the latest iOS and Waze versions.
autumnwalker
Send a message
iPhone 4 (Telus) • iOS 6.0.1 • Waze 3.5.0.0

Post by CoachKevinD
I had this same issue, but found a resolution!

After multiple phone restores due to a defective iPhone, I finally found this sneaky little thing. After installing iOS 6, it appears the TV Out widescreen setting defaults to OFF instead of ON (where it needs to be for Waze and CarMediaPlayer to display correctly.

There is a hidden setting under "Settings>General" that only appears when you have an HD output device connected (such as connecting your AppRadio) Labeled "TV Out".

Tap TV out, and you will get a screen with 2 options, Widescreen Off/On and Output NTSC/PAL.

Make sure to select Widescreen = ON and Output = NTSC. This should resolve the Waze (and other apps) display issue(s)

Enjoy!

@CoachKevinD
avonlakefitness.com
CoachKevinD
Send a message
Attachments
Last edited by CoachKevinD on Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DArby_UK
When i started 3.6 for the first time with AppRadio today it said "Uh-Oh this is not supported with AppRadio" - or something like that - not sure what isnt supported though.

What i did note is that the MPH stayed at zero for the whole of my journey today.

Is this a function that doesnt work in 3.6 and AppRadio ?

I'm running iOS 5 on a 4S and havent had the screen off center issue, but i do believe the screen is stretched vertically, as there is something at the top of the screen that i cannot read in a black bar which disappears if i use the navigation.

I've applied for Beta access so hopefully can help with AppRadio development too.
DArby_UK
Send a message

Post by DArby_UK
palmerit wrote:The speedometer works for me. However, I have run into the steretched screen issue before. Haven't been able to determine a cause. What I do know is that when the dispatch is stretched, I don't see the "appradio" screen on the phone. Its almost as if the display is just being mirrored. Usually force quit / restart app fixes it. Ive been trying to find steps to reliably reproduce the issue, as that is hugely helpful for Waze to identify and fix the problem.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Bizarre - speedo worked on way home and today. Perhaps it was due to first run of the app after update. I saw the very stretched screen while it asked me to install voice pack while connected to AppRadio. Restarted and all was good - i still have a black band at the top of the screen with some text, and having looked very close i can make out the work BACK in the middle. This bar dissapears when in NAV mode though - i tried pressing where is says back but most of it is up behind screen bezel and doesnt seem to do anything ?

Is your's an Appradio 1 or 2 - i know the screen size changed but not sure if aspect did too ?
DArby_UK
Send a message

Post by heymike1
I'm still having the issue with the iphone 4 - haven't heard yet on any solutions.
heymike1
Send a message

Post by luisogando
Same issue over here, it's look like it's a iOS6 - Waze - Appradio bug; i hope someone could get the solution asap.
luisogando
Send a message

Post by Oliverhjuk
Have you tried changing the output from NTSC to PAL and vice versa. It might help. Do it from Settings on your iPhone.

I, however get a small black bar at the top of my Pioneer 8400bt that says 'back' on it and you can only read the lower half of the word 'back'. if you touch on it, nothing happens.
Oliverhjuk
Send a message